Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jay cutler
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Poll
which of these is the best?
Dominion (if with expansion specify which)
Race for the Galaxy (if with expansion specify which)
Glory to Rome
Saint Petersburg
Innovation
Citadels
      49 answers
Poll created by bodybuilder

consider that I'm used to games quite heavy, and the mechanics too simple tire me immediately; well as the mechanics too similar to other games, for example, I read that race for the galaxy is a puerto rico played with cards (apart thematic). Well you will confirm or deny giving me your opinion.

I want to avoid fighting games as magic, with your life points etc. ..

what interests me is that it is durable, fun and always varied. it's pretty deep and non-trivial, that scales well at least 2-3 people, most do not care, that there are no auctions or cooperation.

by looking at the charts I made a selection among the most popular titles and I want to open a poll, I hope to answer me in many possibly even giving an explanation for your vote.

Thanks to all in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
My current order of preference and each-game-different is Innovation (high interaction when you can manage it, no negotiation), a black horse: Core Worlds (draft and world conquering denial interaction), Race for the Galaxy (action selection interaction), with Citadels waiting to be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played all but st. Petersburg.

I find race for the galaxy to be the best of the bunch including all the expansions except the last one which was just ok.

Dominion is fun too, but not as much as rftg. Citadels is good but only with four players. To many and it takes to long, less and it isn't as interesting. I really liked innovation for a while and still like to play it but again I didn't like it as much as rftg. I have only played gtr a couple times and can see the intrigue but haven't had enough expiereence with it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first "card" game that came to mind reading your post is Pax Porfiriana. You owe it to yourself to read up on it and watch a couple videos. It should fit your need perfectly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay cutler
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
texasgeoker wrote:
The first "card" game that came to mind reading your post is Pax Porfiriana. You owe it to yourself to read up on it and watch a couple videos. It should fit your need perfectly!

I had seen him, but what stops me is the 30 pages of rules (too heavy!) and dependence on language

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bodybuilder wrote:
texasgeoker wrote:

I had seen him, but what stops me is the 30 pages of rules (too heavy!) and dependence on language

Sorry...missed you were in Italy. Yep, cards are text heavy and rulebook can be a monster, but if you could get past those two things...GOOD GAME!

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
St. Petersburg is good, but lighter than I think you want. Race has plenty of depth + fun = winner. Innovation felt too much take that! than I wanted, game changing at times.
Deck builders got stale for me...of course, until I design my own

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion; just grab Dominion: Intrigue & Dominion: Dark Ages. You don't need the original base game - there's alot of variety amongst this for you to play over and over again with an extremely slim chance of getting the same game twice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Saruwatari
United States
Arroyo Grande
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TGS and RVI expansions for RFTG(no BOW). Each of those add more viable winning strategies and an extra player. With the base and those 2 expansions, it scales very favorably anywhere from 2 to 6 players.

*edit adding that RFTG is a different experience than Puerto Rico. The role selection mechanic is simultaneous and very interesting- especially if you play with varied player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Pas
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Dominoin Intrige and Seaside, a realy fun game to play.

I like about dominoin the way the cards work together, there's always a strongcombination on the table and a unexpected fun one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.