Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is there a board game (preferably one in my collection... but I'm open) that you would recommend for a Play By Email game?

I'm thinking of setting up the board/cards/whatever on a table in my room and just emailing everyone the current status of the game and getting their action responses, and letting them communicate privately with each other by email.

Is there a game that lends itself to this kind of interaction very well?

(Please note that I do not want to be taking pictures and sending them.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't take this as talking down to you, that's not the way I mean it at all, I just don't know what you know or not.

But are you aware of the several websites that host PBM-style play?

You can find loads of classic games for two at www.itsyourturn.com

You can find some 2-player games and some multi-player games (Acquire and Diplomacy at least) at www.gamesbyemail.com

And you may find a few classic games and a very good number of hobby games, for two players and for more, at www.yucata.de

I'm sure there are other sites that might be helpful, but those are a pretty good representation and good places to start.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VASSAL is also quite useful for PBEM-style play. If you want to do what you suggested, I think a classic PBM game is Diplomacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VASSAL would definitely be the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.