Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I would share my storage solution and small upgrades that I have made to my copy of Mage Wars Arena (including the Mage Wars Arena: Forcemaster vs Warlord Expansion Set expansion and Mage Wars: Action Marker Set). The box lid is only ~2mm from full closure, which is quite acceptable in my opinion.

Below is what you see when you open the box and remove the rulebook, 20-page Errata, and the main game board:

Below is a better view of what is beneath the Action Markers and Player Status boards:

All cards are sleeved with Ultra Pro Pro-Fit clear sleeves. All four starting spell lists are currently stored in the four spellbooks. These are based on the v2 rulebook and updated spell list located on the Mage Wars home page, which can be found HERE.

The Action Markers are stored in Gerber baby food containers, which have very nice snap-on lids. The cardboard tokens are stored in a generic 8-compartment container found at the local dollar store. The black Ultra Pro Deck boxes in the bottom right-hand corner hold the Forcemaster and Warlord starting spell list cards. Also, there are two sizes of clear Ultra Pro Stackable Storage boxes: 100-count and 100+ count. The three larger 100+ count boxes located along the left-hand side of the box are used to store Creature, Enchantment, and Incantation cards because they have larger card counts than Equipment, Conjuration, and Attack cards. Even though these storage boxes have a lot of free space, they would fill up very quickly if I didn't store the starting spell lists in the spellbooks. Each box holds a specific spell type.

Below is an image of the smaller Ultra Pro 100-count Stackable Storage box used to store the Conjuration cards. So if I didn't separate the cards into their starting spell lists, there would be a total of 73 sleeved Conjuration cards in this box. After that there is still plenty of room to add expansions or cards from the Tome. I really like the idea of the clear box because I can easily see what spell type is inside the box:

Finally, below are the small upgrades I added (including Round Summary, CODEX, and glass stones):

The small upgrades seen above were ideas originally submitted from the following geeks:

Ryan Wanless
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gamer Curator
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Edmond
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My other planned additions are to add d12 Effect dice in player colors (which I already found a red d12 in my bag o' dice), and add third and fourth player status boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Gamer Curator
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you liked the codex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pixelpoop wrote:
Glad you liked the codex!

For sure! Not having two copies of the codex available during my first session cost a lot of extra time waiting for the other player to finish looking up stuff during the planning phase. Now the planning phase goes much faster! Thanks for uploading it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done. Having 6 spellbooks, I've been thinking of how to better organize my game box as well... This gives me some more ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturnineage wrote:
That is awesome!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.