Dean Lizardo
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Werewolves select a Bodyguard protected player, do you:

1) Indicate that the Werewolves cannot select that player and tell them to pick another player.

2) Allow the Werewolves to select that player, which ultimately means that nobody will die that night (at least by the Werewolves' hands, claws, teeth, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ad1da5 wrote:

1) Indicate that the Werewolves cannot select that player and tell them to pick another player.

2) Allow the Werewolves to select that player, which ultimately means that nobody will die that night (at least by the Werewolves' hands, claws, teeth, etc.).

I moderate by using option 2. With the witch and bodyguard in play, as well as the fact that werewolves have to agree on a victim, I like to leave it to the village to argue about why no one died on a given night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McRipper
msg tools
doctor poo wrote:
Ad1da5 wrote:

I moderate by using option 2. With the witch and bodyguard in play, as well as the fact that werewolves have to agree on a victim, I like to leave it to the village to argue about why no one died on a given night.
It's supposed to be option 2; if the werewolves knew they couldn't kill player X the bodyguard would prolong a players death without slowing the werewolves down at all.

But you're allowed to run it however you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
You must select the Bodyguard to protect first before calling upon the witch...

Because, there will be no kill for the witch to save...

Some cowards play that the bodyguard can protect himself...I think this is weak moderating and doesn't reflect the role. He's SUPPOSED to be bodyguarding OTHER people..

What ends up, every other night the bodyguard protects themselves...
Just DUMB.. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McRipper
msg tools
ASLChampion wrote:
You must select the Bodyguard to protect first before calling upon the witch...

Because, there will be no kill for the witch to save...

Some cowards play that the bodyguard can protect himself...I think this is weak moderating and doesn't reflect the role. He's SUPPOSED to be bodyguarding OTHER people..

What ends up, every other night the bodyguard protects themselves...
Just DUMB.. zombie
the bodyguard can neither protect the same person two nights in a row nor protect him/her self. The rules are pretty clear about that. Otherwise it'd be an invincible night-time villager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
You must select the Bodyguard to protect first before calling upon the witch..

You can call the bodyguard anytime of night. You have to call witch after werewolves to show her the "victim" but the bodyguard needs no information other than who he CANNOT pick (determined by his previous night's choice). As long as you're a good moderator and can keep all of the info organized you will be successful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.