Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Path Refill Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if the Path should be refilled at the start of a player's turn instead of the end.

The reason is that both Ambushes and Fortunes seem to affect the next player.

It may be semantics, but wouldn't it be clearer if it was actually the turn of the player affected?

Just to clarify: I haven't played yet, so this is only coming from a read of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter whether at the end or beginning any ambushes trigger for the player to the left of the one who made the purchases that caused the path to refill.
If there are multiple ambushes you can resolve them in whichever order you like (per the rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, but it seems like it would be clearer if they triggered for the current player instead of the next player, which would mean they should happen before a turn instead of after.

Really, I thought the problem would be more of an issue with Fortunes, but I now realize I missed part of the rules there. I thought some of them triggered automatically when put into the Path, but were affecting the next player, which seemed weird. A quick reread of the section shows that they have to be purchased before they are triggered, which makes it a moot point. My apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.