Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a group of people that I play The Resistance with 4-5 times a week. We love it. We play up to 10 players (we'd do more if we could) during lunch. Here's my question...what other games could we play that fit this criteria:
NO PLAYER ELIMINATION (this is a big one)
30 minutes max (but preferably in the 20-25 minute range)
Like Resistance (bluffing, social interaction, etc) but different (in other words, Avalon isn't really a suggestion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have Saboteur / Saboteur2 that may be suitable for the time frame and for 3-10 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle of the Devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the space, Two Rooms and a Boom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hunters. 30 minutes is cutting it close but could modify the end game a little to work it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris SC

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shadow hunters has player elim though. otherwise that'd have been my suggestion. tough to fit that many people in a small time frame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alenen wrote:
Shadow Hunters. 30 minutes is cutting it close but could modify the end game a little to work it out.

...Except there is player elimination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
While they both have player elimination, they are so quick it is hardly noticable so Coup and Love Letter (they do play fewer though)

also this is over the time limit but Cosmic Encounter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
I only have Saboteur / Saboteur2 that may be suitable for the time frame and for 3-10 players.

I think this is probably your best bet.

I'll also mention Panic Station though it takes an hour or longer. Some people really enjoy it, but I didn't enjoy it as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BANG! - it has player elimination blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
I'll also mention Panic Station though it takes an hour or longer.

Panic Station is great, as is Cosmic Encounter, but I don't think they work in that situation. (And Panic Station is only 4-6p, Cosmic Encounter 3-5, upto 8 with all 3 expansions.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
kaziam wrote:
alenen wrote:

...Except there is player elimination.

Yeah but SH is quick, so that hardly matters. And the dead players may still win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Covert Action takes up to 18 players and might be worth a look.
There is not player elimination, even though someone gets shot each round. That just determines which team wins the round. Everyone plays each round, no matter how many times they have been shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:

+1
Fun little game.

Never played Shadow Hunters before but this thread has piqued my interest in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chalker
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are You the Traitor? seems like it fits the bill. I suggest my own game Criminals for Resistance fans, even though that DOES have some player elimination, eliminated players can still contribute and rounds don't last very long so players aren't sitting out for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samurai Sword - based on the BANG! system, but without player elimination.

EDIT: oops, only up to 7...but that was a comment, not one of the main listed criteria whistle blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While not like The Resistance, Cash 'N Guns sounds like a perfect game for your group of 5-10 players. It's a hilarious game, people shoot at each other (which feels like backstabbing even though it isn't), it last for 30 minutes tops, and players are not necessarily eliminated each game (or if they are, they are out for just a couple of minutes). There is a ton of bluffing, social interaction, and good times with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Rooms and a Boom!

In response to your criteria:

- It can play between 6 - 30 people

- No player elimination

- It is a timed game, so it will only last 6 minutes if you are playing with 6-10 players, or 15 minutes if you have 11+ players

- Social deduction and hidden roles galore!

- It is free to print and play (it hasn't been published yet). Check out the Boardgamegeek page for the PnP links.

- You can play online in the forums and give it a try there first to make sure you understand the concept. Sign up in the waiting room here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/894065/2raab-pbf-waiting-roo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some fantastic ideas in here. I'm going to give 2 Rooms and a Boom a chance. I'd love to see a good review of Sabateur. I'm definitely getting Samarai Sword. Curious about Shadow Hunters. I'd love to see a video review for Criminals. I'm going to check out Are You the Traitor. Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a game called I am Spartacus that might fit the bill, but it doesn't have a BGG entry yet. The players are divided into Romans and Slaves (one of whom is secretly Spartacus). Basically, the game consists of slaves standing up and declaring "I am Spartacus!", and the Romans try to successfully execute the real Spartacus. There's a bit more to it than that, but not too much. It only lasts a few minutes, and isn't terribly deep or thinky.

Ping me if you're interested and would like the rules (or I could just post them here, there's not much to it). It doesn't require any components, but a standard deck of cards can be used for the initial role assignment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.