Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Jacobson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Hi there.

I just purchased around 40-50 unofficial expansions to Carcassonne! The catch, however, was that I got them from a German fellow and instructions were of course sent to me in GERMAN.

I need help with translations. Anyone?!

Once I've got instructions and get the expansions into gameplay, I'll post reviews and details of each.

Hoping someone can assist. Post if you're interested in helping out a fellow Carcassonne player. I can e-mail with you offline to discuss specifics - i.e. getting you the instructions, etc.

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Sirlawrence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Where did you get them?

As a rule I wouln't trust a translation that was made without play experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Jacobson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I went onto ebay.de (Germany's ebay) and did a search for "Carcassonne."

There are several individuals selling expansions for the game - both official and unofficial. I emailed the ones who were the strongest, most positive sellers and asked if they spoke English. I got into dialogue with a few and worked out an arrangement with one individual who was obviously a big Carcassonne enthusiast and who sold me the print-outs and instructions only (so I've had to make the tiles myself).

The expansions looked professional, they looked fun, and my friends and I wanted our games of Carcassonne to evolve with some new elements. If you're a purist, I can understand one's hesitancy playing with unofficial expansions. I, however, am willing to give it the old college try.

That's pretty much how it went down.

Sirlawrence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
sirlawrence wrote:
If you're a purist, I can understand one's hesitancy playing with unofficial expansions. I, however, am willing to give it the old college try.

Sorry, I was unclear.

I just wondered what your source was so I get my hands on them and play with them before offering to translate. I think any translation (for any game) that's done without play experience wouldn't be very useful.

I also asked because I've looked on eBay.de for expansions but have had trouble getting them shipped to the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Wikstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
You were screwed.
You shouldn't have to pay for an unofficial expansion when you were forced to make the tiles yourself.
Which expansions was this ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.