Popular Tags: [View All]
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved Coup and was so lucky to randomly find the hall and buy it last Essen. I also love Resistance and so getting the new Resistance: Coup is a no-brainer.

As I plan to go to Essen, an Essen collection would be my preferred option. However, unlike nearly all other Kickstarter offering this option, instead (in FAQ), it states to sign up at indieboardsandcards website to pre-order for pick up.

I am probably being paranoid but though it says, 'All the specials & promo items will be available' does this mean I will not have to pay or do anything more to get exactly what I would get via Kickstarter? (assuming even more promos which may occur if it hits a high stretch rewards)

Would be nice to hear official confirmation of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same last year for Flash Point kickstarter - while I will wait to announce final prices based on exchange rates, the Essen prices will be nearly the same (ie, I am not taking cents) as those on kickstarter.

What will be different is the lack of any volume purchase discounts - just too easy to abuse that system at such a large gathering of people.

For me your support through kickstarter or at Essen is equally valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for quick reply. So you are confirming all Kickstarter promo/exclusives will be included for Essen collection?

Am more than happy to support this. It's not about price but I hate the uncertainty (and sometimes outrageous) custom duty/VAT being added for overseas shipments.

Have signed up so am looking forward to Essen collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear I am cutting and pasting what it says on the kickstarter page:

We haven't forgotten you - all you have to do is visit the Indie Boards and Cards website and give us your email address:
http://www.indieboardsandcards.com/essen.php

Shortly before Essen we will ask you what you would like to pre-order for Thursday pick up at Essen. All the specials & promo items will be available - your support is very valuable to Indie Boards and Cards and we look forward to seeing you again this year with lots of great new games.

So yes, as noted above and answered in my first repsonse all the specials & promo items will be included - sorry but there lots of rules lawyers out there that want to dissect every statement, and rather than have two different sets of rules and more opportunities to let those prone to conspiracy theories let their imaginations get the better of them - I'd rather keep the language consistent across the kickstarter and BGG pages :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you sign my game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onetonmee wrote:
Will you sign my game? :)

I am the publisher, not the game designer - I will check to see if Rikki is going to be attending. I think he will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikki Tahta
United States
new york
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yahh - just booked hotel
I will sign anything for beer (or a smile)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.