Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Poll: Which add-ons are you getting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which "optional purchases" are you adding to your pledge
Spriggan
Spriggan Card Sleeves
Skald
Skald Cards Sleeves
Agents of Darkness
Elemental Boss
Extra Dice
Treasure Bag
Treasure Deck Expansion
Item Card Sleeves
Quest Expansion 1
Regular Sized Card Sleeves
Lithograph
T-Shirt
Battlefoam Box Insert
Tile Supplement 1
Additional In-Game Tiles
Sculpted Lairs
Cyclops x6
Rats x6
Rat Enemy
Elementals x6
Skeletons x6
Orcs x6
Arachnids x6
Soldier
Acolyte
Archer
Apprentice
Brigand
2 of Each Captain in Metal
Skald and Spriggan in Metal
5 Heroes in Metal
      169 answers
Poll created by LunarSoundDesign
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How about none for those of us just getting the Captain level?

-Ski
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd like to ask why not get at least the Spriggan (the only add-on that's exclusive to the Kickstarter)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:
I'd like to ask why not get at least the Spriggan (the only add-on that's exclusive to the Kickstarter)?

I agree, that is the only thing I am getting for sure. But who knows, if I am feeling crazy tonight, I might re-add the quest deck, treasure deck, skald + sleeves, the elemental boss and the treasure bag. Those are the main things I am eying currently.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the Sprigan miniature is exclusive, the class will eventually come out as a druid.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The other items, I completely understand not jumping on while you wait to see how the game, y'know, plays. If you're in for $100, though, the $15 for the "can't ever get again from retail" Spriggan doesn't seem a big risk.

If it's a question of cost, believe me, I understand, but then again... $100 isn't really a savings over $115.

I thought maybe there was some other reason I wasn't seeing. Like... phobia of plant folk, maybe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My answer is the same at that during Kingdom Death... anything that added gameplay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
Avatar
mb
markguy wrote:
If it's a question of cost, believe me, I understand, but then again... $100 isn't really a savings over $115.

That's a pretty dangerous line of argument. After all, $120 is only $5 more, so you might as well get the sleeves for consistency. And $135 isn't that much more than $120, so you could get the Skald too...

It was this very slippery slope that led me to get all of the exclusive Kingdom Death survivors and messengers, so $15 for one eventually became $105 for seven, or whatever it was.

Death by a thousand cuts. shake
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Chant
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Greetings All,

I will be adding the Spriggan and Sleeves for sure, but still have a little room in the funds to add a little more, so just waiting to see.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
DPO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Every single person pledging should get sculpted lairs for $8. The value is just too ridiculous. Even at captain with no other add-ons, you can double lair elementals, skeletons, and just about orcs (21/24).

You will never see 6 sculpted lairs for $8 again, period. Everyone should be in at $108 for captain.

Every other add-on is debatable for their value depending on what you are looking to get out of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I don't get about the whole "double lair" focus, from what I understand, is that running 2 of the same monster type actually makes the game easier. I recall hearing the darkness gets 1 AP per monster type on the tile. So, running orcs and elementals would generate more AP (be harder) than running 2x elementals.

Paying more for ez-mode and a reduction in monster variation on a given tile is rather peculiar. I suppose once can argue being able to field double lairs does increase the total number of monster combinations you can run, but 2x the same thing means a 50% reduction in monster mechanics on any given tile (opposed to running two seperate lairs).

Who knows, maybe they'll change it to 1 AP per lair rather than type. This would resolve the potential ez-mode concern.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Draxalon wrote:
The thing I don't get about the whole "double lair" focus, from what I understand, is that running 2 of the same monster type actually makes the game easier. I recall hearing the darkness gets 1 AP per monster type on the tile. So, running orcs and elementals would generate more AP (be harder) than running 2x elementals.

Paying more for ez-mode and a reduction in monster variation on a given tile is rather peculiar. I suppose once can argue being able to field double lairs does increase the total number of monster combinations you can run, but 2x the same thing means a 50% reduction in monster mechanics on any given tile (opposed to running two seperate lairs).

Who knows, maybe they'll change it to 1 AP per lair rather than type. This would resolve the potential ez-mode concern.


Easier doesn't necessarily translate to easy.

As you can tell from the Gameplay video - they still got slaughtered.

And dual lairs make for a more thematic game. Some people care more about that than difficulty.

Also - +1 S-field pack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bonner
United Kingdom
Grantham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moorcat wrote:
Every single person pledging should get sculpted lairs for $8. The value is just too ridiculous. Even at captain with no other add-ons, you can double lair elementals, skeletons, and just about orcs (21/24).


Or you could do what the purchasers of the game next year will do and use the cardboard lair tokens if needed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, the cost of some of these add-ons seems ridiculous. The Quest Expansion, for instance, is $15 for just 30 cards. That's what I paid for Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game – Sudden Death, which contained a heck of a lot more content than just 30 cards.

I don't blame MERCs for this -- I'm sure they are at best breaking even on each Captain pledge and need to make up the money elsewhere -- but I am a bit baffled as to why the card deck add-ons are seen as so essential, for that price. Convince me to part with my hard-earned money; why should I get these add-ons?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonnyxx wrote:
Frankly, the cost of some of these add-ons seems ridiculous. The Quest Expansion, for instance, is $15 for just 30 cards. That's what I paid for Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game – Sudden Death, which contained a heck of a lot more content than just 30 cards.

I don't blame MERCs for this -- I'm sure they are at best breaking even on each Captain pledge and need to make up the money elsewhere -- but I am a bit baffled as to why the card deck add-ons are seen as so essential, for that price. Convince me to part with my hard-earned money; why should I get these add-ons?


I wonder what the retail price will be on these
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I wonder what the retail price will be on these

Generally street prices are in the neighborhood of 65% of MSRP. I expect you will be able to find the $15 addons for $10, and even that is high for 30 cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt these add-ons will be available individually when they go to retail... they'll probably be grouped in expansions...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
I doubt these add-ons will be available individually when they go to retail... they'll probably be grouped in expansions...


I ended up just pledging at the Captains level but wonder if I should up it to apprentice when the survey comes out. What add-ons are "must have"?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
I doubt these add-ons will be available individually when they go to retail... they'll probably be grouped in expansions...

Which will make them an even better deal. If they sell an expansion consisting of, say, the Skald ($15), the Druid ($15), the Quest Deck ($15), the Treasure Deck ($15), and the Slaughterfield decks ($20)... do you really think they'll be able to charge $80 for four minis and 150 cards?

That price is simply insane. For any other game, a "real" expansion would generally have quite a bit more content and be sold at a much lower price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Spriggan is king.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonnyxx wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
I doubt these add-ons will be available individually when they go to retail... they'll probably be grouped in expansions...

Which will make them an even better deal. If they sell an expansion consisting of, say, the Skald ($15), the Druid ($15), the Quest Deck ($15), the Treasure Deck ($15), and the Slaughterfield decks ($20)... do you really think they'll be able to charge $80 for four minis and 150 cards?

That price is simply insane. For any other game, a "real" expansion would generally have quite a bit more content and be sold at a much lower price.


True - but it's also cheaper to produce, as it's being mass-produced rather than a limited print run...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
dragonnyxx wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
I doubt these add-ons will be available individually when they go to retail... they'll probably be grouped in expansions...

Which will make them an even better deal. If they sell an expansion consisting of, say, the Skald ($15), the Druid ($15), the Quest Deck ($15), the Treasure Deck ($15), and the Slaughterfield decks ($20)... do you really think they'll be able to charge $80 for four minis and 150 cards?

That price is simply insane. For any other game, a "real" expansion would generally have quite a bit more content and be sold at a much lower price.


True - but it's also cheaper to produce, as it's being mass-produced rather than a limited print run...


I think you are assuming that they are going to produce the KS stuff and then separately produce all the stuff for retail. They will likely put orders in for all the KS stuff plus a load of retail stuff at the same time as this will make it cheaper. They won't do a limited print run that only covers the KS backers because they will also want to get the game out to retail asap. For things like the Spriggan which is KS only this runs true but otherwise it doesn't. Even if they are unsure about exactly how they will package it there's every likelihood they'll get more of the actual miniatures produced because of the cost savings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
markguy wrote:
If it's a question of cost, believe me, I understand, but then again... $100 isn't really a savings over $115.

That's a pretty dangerous line of argument. After all, $120 is only $5 more, so you might as well get the sleeves for consistency. And $135 isn't that much more than $120, so you could get the Skald too...

It was this very slippery slope that led me to get all of the exclusive Kingdom Death survivors and messengers, so $15 for one eventually became $105 for seven, or whatever it was.

Death by a thousand cuts. shake


True, but those cuts are going to kick ass, especially in the case of KD:M.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed at Archer, so a lot of those add-ons were included in my base pledge (like the t-shirts, captains and heroes in metal, lithograph, quest expansion, tile supplement, etc.), but I still marked them down here on the voting list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we need a "none" option.

I don't see the point in buying the extra sculpted lairs, especially when you can't run dual lair Orcs and dual lairs makes for less variety.

Also, the Spriggan miniature may be exclusive but if I buy the Spriggan, I likely wouldn't buy the Druid miniature later. Either way I'm missing out on a miniature and while the Spriggan is a interesting, I'd rather buy the Druid later for much cheaper.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.