Popular Tags: [View All]
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty ambivalent about shirts. I'd pass on the pins. In general, I don't pay for shirts to advertise somebody else's business (not specifically directed at you guys, but the ridiculous prices these teenie-bopers and 20-somethings spend for AE shirts and crap like that just blows my mind).

I guess as a longtime fan of Supremacy (literally, from 1984 when it first released), I would expect to see more of the expansion materials for the rewards - maybe Expansion Deck 2, Pirates and Warlords, and Fortuna as the first ones since they're the most popular. Other options would be stuff like the perfect bound rulebook (Mega-Supremacy). If you're using the Admirals and Generals rules, maybe people names as a general or admiral would be a neat perk. The other expansions could be perks - the card set for special operations (don't remember the name, but the one with assassins, chem weapons, etc.) would be inexpensive to produce but could add to the rewards.

I've seen some cool ones like "We'll come to your Con" support level....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something else (and it is inexpensive to you) is a set of promo cards - maybe 3 resource cards (one oil, one mineral, one grain) not available anywhere else.

How about a new supplement that let's you research special technologies? Solar power, petroleum extraction from waste (like tires), genetically enhanced food, etc., that give players an "edge" on the resource production side. A new supplement that "fits" nicely within the existing game structure would really appeal to someone like me....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fancier components are good, too. I recall the original resource cards wore out more easily....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scubadawg1 wrote:
I'm pretty ambivalent about shirts. I'd pass on the pins. In general, I don't pay for shirts to advertise somebody else's business (not specifically directed at you guys, but the ridiculous prices these teenie-bopers and 20-somethings spend for AE shirts and crap like that just blows my mind).

I guess as a longtime fan of Supremacy (literally, from 1984 when it first released), I would expect to see more of the expansion materials for the rewards - maybe Expansion Deck 2, Pirates and Warlords, and Fortuna as the first ones since they're the most popular. Other options would be stuff like the perfect bound rulebook (Mega-Supremacy). If you're using the Admirals and Generals rules, maybe people names as a general or admiral would be a neat perk. The other expansions could be perks - the card set for special operations (don't remember the name, but the one with assassins, chem weapons, etc.) would be inexpensive to produce but could add to the rewards.

I've seen some cool ones like "We'll come to your Con" support level....

I would love to see the expansions as stretch rewards. That would be outstanding.
And better military components then tanks and aircraft carriers.

Im thinking these type of things would spur on the support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
T-shirts that give you in game advantages leave me cold. If I wear multiple shirts, do I get to use all their powers?

Personally, I'd rather see expansions and exclusive cards as stretch goals and add ons.

And can you do something about the map. I prefer the appearence of the old map much more to the one you show on your project site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
marsbarr wrote:

I’ve heard several people say they don’t like the shirts. So now our question back to you is: Can you be more specific about what you don’t like and why exactly? What part is objectionable? Is this salvageable? What changes could we make to fix it? What would you like to see instead?

Here is one problem: there is way more information and apparent thought that went into the T-shirts than the game.

The way your kickstarter seems now is it is basically a T-shirt sale with a game that may or may not come with it.

Consider reversing the emphasis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rat King
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be far more interested in T-Shirts if they have images that represent your favorite superpower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marsbarr wrote:
Can’t argue with numbers. The shirts don’t seem to be a big hit so far. What were we thinking? Here it is:

Well, the shirts & pins bonuses were an experiment. We were just trying to come up with different reward ideas to offer on Kickstarter mostly. The bonuses are mild. They do give you an advantage. It won’t enable you to easily run away with the game every time. This game has a way of balancing things out since everybody usually guns for the leader. It’s just meant as a fun promotional add in. That’s all. –and they are going to look kind of cool with the eagle in gold! :)

Most people buy a company logo shirt with no benefit at all. You actually pay to advertise their company! We thought it might be fun to offer something back in exchange. Just an idea.

I’ve heard several people say they don’t like the shirts. So now our question back to you is: Can you be more specific about what you don’t like and why exactly? What part is objectionable? Is this salvageable? What changes could we make to fix it? What would you like to see instead?

Thanks for your input!

Cinc

I think the idea behind the shirts and pins could make great promo cards for starting technologies. Would had a nice change up for each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.