Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the pleasure of playing Run, Fight or Die! With Richard Launius and my kids at Gnomecon this past weekend. I was also able to play Zombicide for the first time.

While Zombicide was more fun than I expected, Run, Fight, or Die was an absolute blast. It was about as light as Zombicide, but played faster. There is no time spent determining where zombies need to be moved as their movement is very simple, they move in a straight line toward you! Always! Since every player has their own player board on which zombies attack, the game moves exceptionaly quick and you have a constant tension and "Oh, my God, I'm not going to survive this!" feeling. This is exactly what a zombie game should provide! The real differentiator in my view, and a real plus, is the absence of all the unfun, time burners prevalent in the genre. Setup time and movement is either really streamlined or removed, resulting in uncluttered fun.

The comedic elements of the game had me laughing out loud multiple times. I suppose it's more Sean Of The Dead than Dawn Of The Dead. A raucous good time all around!

The cards and dice seemed exceptionally balanced and I never felt robbed or upset at the results they revealed. All the elements contributed to crafting a true zombie apocalypse experience that was quick, frenetic, and fun. Lots of great memories were created by this game for us, and my kids are asking when we can have our own copy.

Hopefully soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RFoD is a fabulous game. It's hard for me to understand why it's been so delayed . . . everywhere it's been demoed it receives a great reception. Even my secretary's been waiting for me to get a copy for a year now to play during our lunch break.

Mark, build it, we'll buy it, never fear!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
RFoD is a fabulous game. It's hard for me to understand why it's been so delayed . . . everywhere it's been demoed it receives a great reception. Even my secretary's been waiting for me to get a copy for a year now to play during our lunch break.

Mark, build it, we'll buy it, never fear!!!

The folk(s) at Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. just sat on the game. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks Robert, and to everyone that has enjoyed the game. It is getting some fabulous artwork done and custom miniatures sculpted even as this is being written by 8th Summit, the company that will be publishing it. The timeline is to move into publication the 4th QTR of this year providing everything stays on schedule.

Thanks for your interest - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Richard. I'm happy the game will finally see the light of day and that 8th Summit is handling the release. I was a P500 adopter when it was on Lock 'n Load, so I'm pleased to hear there's life after the undead!

I've got Agents of Smersh and just received my copy of Ace Detective this week, so 8th Summit for me is an auto-seal of approval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I P500'd it over at Lock 'n Load so was ecstatic to hear it finally re-emerge via Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.