Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Entdecker for the first time tonight, and we couldn't decipher from the English translation whether you spin for income at the beginning of each player's turn or just at the beginning of each round of turns. Since it seemed money was going to be too loose with the former, we went with the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I believe that "start of round" is be the case in the original rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
I played Entdecker for the first time tonight, and we couldn't decipher from the English translation whether you spin for income at the beginning of each player's turn or just at the beginning of each round of turns. Since it seemed money was going to be too loose with the former, we went with the latter.

As I recall you spin at the beginning of each round and everyone gets the same income.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. Been quite awhile, but I think we've always played once per turn... but then I remember there being too much money, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Hmmm. Been quite awhile, but I think we've always played once per turn... but then I remember there being too much money, too.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident you should be getting money only once per round. How do you think that would affect your view of the game and the most popular review of this game on the Geek?

EDIT: damn the rule book is badly written in this instance:
Quote:
1. Determining Income: The youngest player spins the income spinner. Each player adds that amount to the gold on his gold display, to a maximum of twelve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rule book is really unclear, but once per round just seemed to make more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.