2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Monster creation board/tabletop games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Dunlap
msg tools
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could recommend any board/tabletop/card, etc. games that feature monster, alien, etc. creation. I'm familiar with RPGs, but am not as familiar with other games in which one can create their own beings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sundang wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could recommend any board/tabletop/card, etc. games that feature monster, alien, etc. creation. I'm familiar with RPGs, but am not as familiar with other games in which one can create their own beings.

Is this your second posting of the same question? I'd answered this yesterday and with the wording of your question am fairly certain it was you

Anyways, the game that springs to mind is Song of Blades and Heroes by Ganesha Games. If you prefer more Sci Fi they do have another one called Mutants and Death Ray Guns. The rules are very open and allow you to create all many of characters and groups (known as warbands).

I believe this is exactly what you are looking for, you can purchase the rulebooks online in PDF format for $5US each and there's some great spreadsheet calculators out there (perhaps even here on BGG) that help you in creating your characters/groups.

For example of what you can do with the games for building your own groups (which you use your own minis for), here is my Hand of Cthulhu Warband.

Geekmail me if you have any further questions - don't forget to subscribe to your own threads as well

(Edit: I knew I had answered this yesterday! Your old thread is here. When you create a thread or respond to one, just under the text box you type in is a box you can tick that says Subscribe to this thread. When you tick it you'll get your subscription notifcations at the top left of the site (the little newspaper). Hope this helps!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.