Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would 2013 be remembered as Stefan Feld's year? Bora Bora/ Brugge/ Rialto have been released. And there will be Amerigo next.

Wow all three games are available at Advent Games www.adventgames.com.au...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brugge won't be in english ya?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duckizz wrote:
Brugge won't be in english ya?

US release is aimed for July:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11942241#11942241
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering whether I'll play any of these games more than once. Feld hasn't been trending well for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
I'm wondering whether I'll play any of these games more than once. Feld hasn't been trending well for me.

This game is a typical Feld, so people should know by now whether his name on the packet is a warning or a recommendation. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Borrowed a friend's copy of Bruges and pasted up the cards, then played it over the weekend. Reminded me a bit of Seasons, although less chaotic. I like card combo games as a rule and this one did not disappoint me. It gave me even a greater appreciation of Stefan Feld's ability as a game designer. I'd happily play it again and explore all the possible card combinations.

Played Bora Bora last night again (total of four plays). It shares some mechanisms with Luna, but reminds most of Trajan. That said, it brings its own unique feel and I would happily play it again. It has a decent catch up mechanism within the game, if you can figure out how to explore behind the leader and also take actions that he is not. The god cards are key (obviously) and provide many options for clever play.

Got Rialto on pre-order and disappointed to hear it might not arrive until July. Should just order it from Amazon.de [sigh].

If you like Feld, you will like these games. If you're on the border, try before you buy. If the vagaries of dice rolls really turn you off, go look for another game designer. For me, these are very good and, potentially, great games. Time will tell, but I can see getting a dozen good plays out of each of them, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.