David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel foolish asking this, but I just got this unit and some of the pictures show the walker with floats and others without. I can't find any way of attaching them beyond gluing them, thus only having half the available configurations. Am I missing something here?

Not a big deal, but I just want to double check before I glue them on. (I also wondered, since it's the first DT unit I've bought that required any kind of gluing...)

Surprised there's no instructions with this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It's unfortunate, but you have to glue them on. If you were super crafty, you could possibly get those very tiny rare earth magnets and set something up with those, but the model itself comes with no way to just clip them on and off.

I glued mine on, and just use the snorkel to show whether it's the aquatic version or not, since it easily snaps on and off.

I love this walker kit, but unlike the other ones, this one you really do need some glue to get it together (even if it's just getting it on the base.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, James. I have some plastic glue I can use. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't ridiculously obvious that I was missing. I mostly got this to have some anti-aircraft power to deal with my friend's SSU choppers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:

Thanks, James. I have some plastic glue I can use. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't ridiculously obvious that I was missing. I mostly got this to have some anti-aircraft power to deal with my friend's SSU choppers...

Yes, the rattler is good for that. And also good for long-range anti-infantry, which the Allies don't have all that much of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.