7 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: This vs Pixel Tactics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this question has been asked before but it didn't get much response. Since Devastation would take up my gaming budget, I wouldn't be able to get both of these when they come out. It doesn't help that Mr. Talton is a genius when it comes to making games. Both of these games look phenomenal and I've heard two reviewers say that they prefer Pixel Tactics over SW (my favorite game).

I was wondering which game you prefer and why.

I like the asymmetrical qualities that both games have. Unfortunately my lunch break is so short that my friend and I have played only a few beats of the pnp version of War. I see it's potential but I haven't been able to grasp it's strategy in the limited time I've gotten to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered PT and PT2 in the Devastation Kickstarter because I agree with you that Brad is a gaming genius. I don't think PT will replace BattleCON as my favorite game, mostly because I can't see anyone that I know playing PT with me on a regular basis. BattleCON is so accessible and quick that my wife will play it with me and the online community here is very active, so I always have someone to play. I've put in close to 40 games of BattleCON and feel I have barely scratched the strategic depth the game has to offer. And once the online portal on battleconnection.com goes live, well, my free time for the next few years will be taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinquetica wrote:

It might be enough to say that Devastation isn't out yet, and while you can only pre-order it now, Pixel Tactics could be yours by week's end?

PT is going to be reprinted and released the same time as Devastation and PT2. That's why I can only get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pixel Tactics is great for a minigame, but its nowhere near the excellence of BattleCON.

Go for BattleCON if you can't get both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan L wrote:
Sinquetica wrote:

It might be enough to say that Devastation isn't out yet, and while you can only pre-order it now, Pixel Tactics could be yours by week's end?

PT is going to be reprinted and released the same time as Devastation and PT2. That's why I can only get one.

Do you have a gaming circle that would let you play PT on a regular basis? Whichever game of the two you can get to the table more is probably the best game for you.

For me, that's BattleCON.

Edit: Brad mentioned on his podcast about Super Pixel Tactics, which will be like Risk and will support a progressive multiplayer format online. A game could take a few weeks to complete but you will probably have an easier time finding opponents since it will be online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both games would be played because they both look fun. I'm leaning towards BattleCon because PT is somewhat similar to SW where BattleCon is a whole new type of game. And I think the use of tokens is really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.