Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I finished watching the game-play videos. During the whole thing I saw people roll 'fate dice' nearly every time, but never saw anything happen from doing so. I understand you're supposed to get special effects out of rolling them -- but, if it never seems to happen ..? Is it because they didn't have enough fate dice allocated each time? Is it because the starting equipment is so bad that there aren't any effects associated with those attacks? Did they apply effects without ever mentioning them, so I missed it? What is going on with the fate dice in the game-play videos? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you only get fate dice effects from higher quality gear. They were using all starter gear so you don't get to see much of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, for example take the dagger. It has a green icon for one effect (+1 fate dice) and then it has a red and green for a bigger effect. Assuming the fate dice have six different symbols (I could be wrong) then it would be 1 in 6 chance with one fate die roll to get that green and then who knows what % to get the next combo. Granted the more fate dice rolled, you would assume that it would get easier to obtain.

The blue item shown, Umbral Blade, has three different recipes. One, two and three icon matches. I like this system for a couple reasons. It should feel epic when you roll one of these. You wouldn't expect to roll them every turn, well at least not at the beginning.

Don't ask me what green and red are (or any of the other colors). I have heard that rage was one of the symbols, you could assume red, but you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I think a couple times they mention that the fate dice would have given them an extra hit (which I took to mean caused an extra blood), but it was wasted on minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the impression they are like the surges from dice in Descent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I get the impression they are like the surges from dice in Descent

But instead of flat bonuses, you have to roll combos to hit the good stuff. If I recall, its all very good stuff, especially the triple icon combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.