Road Kill Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Running over pedestrians - rolling dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Mont
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
When running over pedestrians, do you have to declare how many dice you are rlling before rolling any dice, or can you roll some dice, see that you didn't roll enough to succeed, then spend more crds to continue rolling more dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You must declare before you roll.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCUS GABRIEL
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Five cents, please," his front door said when he tried to open it. The toll door had an innate stubborness to it... UBIK
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I played this recently with a friend, and we all noted how difficult it is to run over a pedestrian without spending a number of rally cards. Really, at 100 MPH what chance do most pedestrians stand of avoiding a car? Perhaps this is just another way to get players to use their rally cards up in order to keep their hands fresh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MARCUSRPG wrote:
My son and I played this recently with a friend, and we all noted how difficult it is to run over a pedestrian without spending a number of rally cards. Really, at 100 MPH what chance do most pedestrians stand of avoiding a car? Perhaps this is just another way to get players to use their rally cards up in order to keep their hands fresh.

I don't think the pedestrians are actually standing in the middle of the road. They are probably on the sidewalk, and the drivers have to go out of their way to knock them over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jttm wrote:
MARCUSRPG wrote:

I don't think the pedestrians are actually standing in the middle of the road. They are probably on the sidewalk, and the drivers have to go out of their way to knock them over.

Also, it's harder than most people think to hit a target, even a stationary one, at high speed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
MARCUSRPG wrote:

Think of spending rally cards as making an effort to hit the pedestrian. If you're not spending any cards, you're not really making an effort to hit them. You might still succeed if they're standing still in the middle of the lane, but you probably won't unless you actually try to steer toward them.

More rally cards = More effort
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.