Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Ruepprich
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was also my second time to play Hase und Igel. It is a very nice race game which is justifiably considered a classic. I was determined to use a strategy of balanced pace: not too slow, nor too fast, to get to the goal. This was thwarted immediately in the first quarter of the game, where I could not seem to move beyond the 15th or so square.
Steven played the 'Rabid Rabbit' strategy, trying to pick up as many hare event cards as possible. I estimate that they turned out to be 75% in his favor. He did quite well with this strategy.
So as we are strolling along, suddenly Richard plops all his carrots, but three on the table and jumps the last quarter of the track into the finish. He managed to do this from almost the same spot (off by one square) as in the last game!
I quite enjoy this neat race game and hope to get it on the table more often. And maybe I'll get those event cards translated, too.

Thanks to Richard, Stephen, and Steven for playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.