The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how this thread will work, but you might win some geek gold if I'm in the mood. So, good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll start with Season 1 Episode 1: Jellyfish in the Sky. It starts out with ice cream, sex, and a straight razor. This trifecta is hard to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched ten minutes then turned it off once I realized it's probably Twilight fan fiction. What do I win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
I'm down with sex and ice cream but I could have done without the other thing.

I finished the season last night. I was way off on the identity of the
Spoiler (click to reveal)
vargulf
--no gg for me! alas!--but I correctly guessed who was going to save the day.

I have never seen a show's season-ending episode with so many cliffhangers. I counted eleven and I probably missed a couple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
I watched ten minutes then turned it off once I realized it's probably Twilight fan fiction. What do I win?

Well, you didn't make it any farther than I did, so you win nothing. You weren't even able to name the
vargulf, for crying out loud!
Since I had never heard of a
vargulf
that was just the sort of information I required.

Your consolation is that I appreciated your fan fiction aspersion, and at some point in the future I will listen carefully to your rules explanation of some game I find tedious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zedsdead wrote:

I finished the season last night. I was way off on the identity of the
vargulf
--no gg for me! alas!--but I correctly guessed who was going to save the day.

For being wrong about receiving gg, I have halved your prize winnings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am assuming lots of doggy style, every werewolf is drop dead gorgeous, some sort of ancient order running things, there will be some sort of hybrid thing that is impervious to silver and will save the day, and lots of jiggly boobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife an I have watched the first two episodes and aren't sure what to make of it. We don't love it but we want to keep watching to see what happens. I assume the rest of the season will be filled with sex and more "creatures" coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, for making me willing to watch the remaining 40 minutes of the first episode, I award all present so far a quarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After enjoying "House of Cards" perhaps my expectations were too high for another Netflix original series.

First let me state that I get that SCI-FI / Fantasy themed combined with low budget it a recipe for disaster. So I expected low quality special affects as just par for the course (a couple of tricks are actually well done). And to some degree I expect bad acting.

But the story line --- there is no excuse for the lunacy of the story line. First of all, I'm nine episodes in and nothing has really happend that could not have been done in 1 episodes.
For example - how many times does one need to show a girl having her crotch eaten by a mysterious unknown creature to make the point

Second of all, the characters are just plain ridiculous. Beyond absurd.
Kids may be binge drinking at house parties, but they are not ordering bourbon at the local pub!

Even worse is the totally irrationally mixed up character. At least she's something to look on.
prostitute / shaman / oracle / whatever character all wrapped up into a single role ???

Many of the scenes are completely useless (and I mean you LITERALLY could remove them and not affect a single aspect of the story at all).

Even Famke Jansen somehow manages to be unattractive at times (which I would have thought very hard to do) and her accent is beyong annoyingly terrible.

I so tempted to jump to the end so I can end my pain, but I hear that the "season finale" is just that an end to the first season, where more questions are left unanswered.

Ill probably fast forward / watch the remaining episodes to see if my suspicions are correct, but for anyone else who hasn'r started. I can only advise that you do not watch this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.