Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaughterfield Supplement pack option has been added to the addon options.

I know that Slaughterfield is going to be an alternate game mode, but is there more details about exactly what it is about? I would be more inclined to consider it with more info. Based on it coming with 10 Random Spawn Generator cards, 15 Slaughterfield only Item cards, and 15 Slaughterfield Achievement cards, I am speculating a horde mode, survive as long as you can thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
msg tools
mbmb
Horde Mode seems to sum it up nicely. As I understand it the supplement is not necessary but increases playability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to pass on this add-on. I don't see myself playing this mode, honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More info here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/posts?...

"And they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was upon them." - Tolkien, The Ride of the Rohirrim

Our last update (maybe, we promise), is the Slaughterfield Supplement Pack. It contains three separate Slaughterfield Decks. These decks can only be used with the Slaughterfield game mode.

The first deck is a 10 card Random Spawn Generator. This allows you to have a completely random game every time. Each session of Slaughterfield consists of 10 waves of terror. The Heroes task is only to survive as long as they can and take as many of them with you as possible. Traps can be turned against the Darkness, but to separate from the rest of the group is certain death.

The second deck is a 15 card Slaughterfield Items deck. These items can only be used in Slaughterfield, but every treasure pick-up is guaranteed to be a good one. This deck greatly increases the survivability past Wave 5.

The third deck is a 15 card Slaughterfield Achievement Deck. This deck contains tasks for the Heroes. These tasks are dealt randomly to each player and are kept secret until turned in for a reward or at the end to supplement victory points awarded for kills and waves survived.

Let the slaughter begin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I think I'm going to pass on this add-on. I don't see myself playing this mode, honestly.

And even if you do, there is no way this supplement pack with retail for over $10 as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jones
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read in the kickstarter comments that apparently the Slaughterhouse mode is in the base game so the cards are non-essential. They make the Slaughterhouse mode more robust somehow though.

No idea where they got that from though so don't hold me to it, there's 14000 comments to go through so I just looked at the first page.

Means I'm out on it though, spent enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would speculate the reasons it's 'more robust' are:

Random Spawn Generator - Instead of having to decide what the waves are ourselves, or make up some random method like using a dice, we just draw from a deck to see what's coming

Item Deck - Strong treasure that's all good stuff, giving the heroes a bit more power and making it more loot-fun and enjoyable, as well as making it more possible to survive (I get the impression it's extremely difficult without this...)

Achievement Deck - Puts something to the game-mode outside of just 'kill lots of stuff' adding a bit of a sly-side to the game, with everyone working together but being very secretive about their intentions.

I think it sounds really fun, but until I understand better how well captain will work with the gamemode I won't get the pack. If it's fine, or if it's easy to make it work somehow, then I don't think I can resist it! Might only be 10 cards but that could be really awesome for making a tower-defense style variant =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I still not understand in detail...

So there is a game mode called slaughterfield. And there is a stretch goal which gives us some special slaughterfield tiles. And there is an additional purchase option which gives us a slaughterfield deck.

If I understand it right, the game mode himself is explained in the game rules. And the tiles are only necessary to get a cool look and feel while playing the game mode (a dark cellar with a blood splattered floor). I can also use the tiles which come with the base game if I have no slaughterfield tiles.

And I think I understand what the slaughterfield deck contains. But I don't know if I can play the slaughterfield game mode (in it's full beauty) if I DON'T buy the additional deck. Is there already a deck contained in the base game and the additional deck gives more variability (like the additional treasure and quest decks)? Or is this additional deck necessary to play the game mode and to use the tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Hi,

I still not understand in detail...

So there is a game mode called slaughterfield. And there is a stretch goal which gives us some special slaughterfield tiles. And there is an additional purchase option which gives us a slaughterfield deck.

If I understand it right, the game mode himself is explained in the game rules. And the tiles are only necessary to get a cool look and feel while playing the game mode (a dark cellar with a blood splattered floor). I can also use the tiles which come with the base game if I have no slaughterfield tiles.

And I think I understand what the slaughterfield deck contains. But I don't know if I can play the slaughterfield game mode (in it's full beauty) if I DON'T buy the additional deck. Is there already a deck contained in the base game and the additional deck gives more variability (like the additional treasure and quest decks)? Or is this additional deck necessary to play the game mode and to use the tiles?

You can play Slaughterfield out of the box without a problem.

The tiles and the decks are meant to improve the experience. Think of them like DLC.

At some point in the (far off) future, they'll release something like a "Slaughterfield Expansion" which will include the tiles and decks together. We just get significantly earlier than everybody else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play the Slaughterfield mode without the additional deck. MERCS has said that the deck merely "makes Slaughterfield more robust and cutthroat."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple wrote:
You can play the Slaughterfield mode without the additional deck. MERCS has said that the deck merely "makes Slaughterfield more robust and cutthroat."

So if I'm interested in playing slaughterfield seriously I should consider buying the deck (espacially because I get the tiles 'for free')?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Purple wrote:

So if I'm interested in playing slaughterfield seriously I should consider buying the deck (espacially because I get the tiles 'for free')?

Sure. Why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Purple wrote:

That question kind of answers itself, doesn't it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed this project for 120$. I know this is measly compared to what others pledged. I did the extra 20$ for the slaughter field deck. Honestly I feel the butt hurt feeling I have was non consensual. 20$ for 30 cards feels absolutely insane! I can get sentinels of the multiverse full base game for 25$ and that includes hundreds of cards, 100 status effect counters, hundreds of life counters, a box and a rule book, and much more! I'm having some buyers remorse. My apologies. I really hope I like this game. Backin kickstarter projects is new to me. I have only backed dungeon roll, zombicide season 2, and Myth. I really need To stay away from kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xMindFreak wrote:
I backed this project for 120$. I know this is measly compared to what others pledged. I did the extra 20$ for the slaughter field deck. Honestly I feel the butt hurt feeling I have was non consensual. 20$ for 30 cards feels absolutely insane! I can get sentinels of the multiverse full base game for 25$ and that includes hundreds of cards, 100 status effect counters, hundreds of life counters, a box and a rule book, and much more! I'm having some buyers remorse. My apologies. I really hope I like this game. Backin kickstarter projects is new to me. I have only backed dungeon roll, zombicide season 2, and Myth. I really need To stay away from kickstarter.

I agree at the deck prices are a little steep. There's a lot of gameplay in those cards though. Personally, I would recommend getting the Elemental Boss or the Skald or Spriggan heroes with your $20, if you still feel buyer's remorse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xMindFreak wrote:

You can always change what you spend that $20 on and get something that you consider better value for money once the pledge manager launches. The pricing of the card decks is somewhat off for me (especially the Quest v Treasure decks) but you get 40 cards in Slaughterfield if that makes a difference!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most of the addons were a bit upscale of what they should have cost. I'd say that it was just a sneaky(/clever) way of making sure they still got profit from the kickstarter despite the huge contents on the box itself... I don't really mind that tactic, although it means the more addons you get the worse the deal, which is a bit niggling =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not if you minimised the amount of add-ons you bought and decided to wait until retail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Not if you minimised the amount of add-ons you bought and decided to wait until retail

Oh of course you could, but it still makes me uncomfortable with things when putting more money up front, hence helping more than another backer, results in getting less value in return -_-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I doubt that those addons are going to cost less once they hit retail, especially because that would be a huge slap in the face of us Kickstarter supporters. For that reason I would be very surprised if MERC did this, but that's obviously no guarantee :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raphael, It's quite likely some of them will cost less, but that may be a result of being within a larger pack. For example I wouldn't be surprised by a $40 expansion containing $60 of the addons.

This is just because they will know the quantity to print, making 1000 identical expansion packs will be a lot cheaper for them than making 200 spriggans, 100 skalds, 300 tile packs & 500 elemental minion sets for example. (Obviously those packages together makes no sense, but other things do, elementals + their boss for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will almost certainly be cheaper once it hits retail. As Chris says with expansion packs getting stuff bundled together they will likely be cheaper than the add-ons in the KS and whilst things like the Skald will likely get a $15 RRP they will be available for cheaper through independent sellers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xMindFreak wrote:
I really need To stay away from kickstarter.

Ahh, but you can't do that, the Dark, Darker, Darkest KS is supposed to get underway in the beginning of May some time. If you're not aware of this game you need to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
xMindFreak wrote:
I really need To stay away from kickstarter.

Ahh, but you can't do that, the Dark, Darker, Darkest KS is supposed to get underway in the beginning of May some time. If you're not aware of this game you need to check it out.

angry must resist!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
It will almost certainly be cheaper once it hits retail. As Chris says with expansion packs getting stuff bundled together they will likely be cheaper than the add-ons in the KS and whilst things like the Skald will likely get a $15 RRP they will be available for cheaper through independent sellers.

Additionally - once it goes retail, it's getting mass-produced, which is cheaper than limited print runs for KS, thus they can offer it for less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.