Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited because after about 3 years of effort Lemonade Stall is finally a ranked game with 30 ratings on 23/4/13 with an inital rank of 5378. I've come to realise that getting ratings on BGG for a game is hard work! Of the 30 ratings I personally played the game with over three quarters of those 30 people over the last 3 years. I also bugged, begged and hassled people who I played the game to give it a rating.

Initially in 2010 I played the game with the gamers from my regular gaming group and got the game to around 11 ratings by the end of 2010. I also posted a video of the game that I hoped was going to get some interest in the game. I then occasionally took it with me to Adelaide Board Game Group (ABGG) meetings and got people willing to play test the game. After that I would make a specific point that they log onto BGG and give the game a rating.

The game has gone through 4 revisions based on the feedback I have received during play testing. It is now at version 1.4. I'm not sure if I will release any further versions unless I get a generous offer to improve the game's graphics.

I was very excited that the game got a bit of interest from overseas with my first review and rating from someone who I didn't know which meant they'd gone to the effort to print out and play the game which was awesome! They provided me with some valuable input and showed that someone was able to understand how to play the game based on the rules I had put together which was comforting.

A few more ratings trickled in over 2011 mainly from people I played the game with. It had about 17 ratings by the end of the year.

In 2012 it got reviewed again by someone overseas which was awesome and I continued bringing it along to ABGG meetings and along to my first ever gaming convention (Concentric) where I continued to get more people to play and rate the game. Not all feedback has been positive with ratings as low as 5.0 but I'm just glad they gave me some constructive feedback on the game's design. By the end of the year it had 25 ratings.

In 2013 it won the "overlooked" game contest (to get games that hadn't been ranked the 30 ratings they needed to become a ranked game!). Unfortunately this didn't do much other than the fact that Friedemann Friese gave the game a rating of 10 (as it won the competition and he was running it!).

Finally in the last couple of days I played it with a couple more people who I got to rate the game and it has finally become a ranked game! I'm a very happy chappy! Now I'll have to see how I go with my other game design - The Harvest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of 14/5/13 the game has moved up to its highest rank of 4652 after getting some more ratings (33 in total).

Update, up to 4561 as of 8/6/13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Tim! May the game climb higher still!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.