Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the decision to give the player characters the same names used in Clue...

I respectfully disapprove. Assassinating Lovecraftian monarchs with Professor Plum is just wrong.

I can only hope that these are ironic placeholders used until the developers come up names that are more worthy of the source material. At the very least they could use the names from German or Russian editions of Clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I'm fairly certain that they're placeholders. There are probably legal issues in place.

Incidentally, I love it as placeholders. Made me smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't placeholders. They are fully intended to be the final agent names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to agree with both sentiments. As placeholders they had a certain charm, for the game sure seems like an awful choice and craps on top of the otherwise interesting theme/story
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Actually, works rather well for me now that I've thought about it more. They're all crime solvers, if not technically detectives, and it really helps get across how different the ASIE world is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.