George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One bugaboo from the game-play videos that I might need to do something about. It bothers me when to-hit numbers are either so high or so low that combat attempts are automatic misses, or hits. I think I'll play that a 10 always hits, or a 1 always misses. Not a big deal, but a little thing that sometimes bugs me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why? A soldier with a fire poker shouldn't be able to blood a mega boss just because he rolled a 10. Likewise an advanced class (two years from now) shouldn't miss with a orange level sword when swinging at an arachnid just because he rolled a 1.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's just that I think a fire poker directly to the eye is going to hurt anyone, even a mega boss. And even a nth level hero can fumble his orange sword once in a while.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
If you get into a fight with Mike Tyson, do you really think you have a 10% chance of injuring him?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get into a fight with Mike Tyson I'm hitting him with my Jeep.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, of course. And so do you. He's Mike Tyson, not some sort of Deity.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Why? A soldier with a fire poker shouldn't be able to blood a mega boss just because he rolled a 10. Likewise an advanced class (two years from now) shouldn't miss with a orange level sword when swinging at an arachnid just because he rolled a 1.


Have you seen Troy?
Thats how the Might Achilles was taken down.
By a lowly soldier with a small bow and a lucky hit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
a_flying_possum wrote:
Yes, of course. And so do you. He's Mike Tyson, not some sort of Deity.


I'll let you approach first then. I'll wait here as, um, backup...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Have you seen Troy?
Thats how the Might Achilles was taken down.
By a lowly soldier with a small bow and a lucky hit.


Well.... I wouldn't call Paris a lowly soldier.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
a_flying_possum wrote:
One bugaboo from the game-play videos that I might need to do something about. It bothers me when to-hit numbers are either so high or so low that combat attempts are automatic misses, or hits. I think I'll play that a 10 always hits, or a 1 always misses. Not a big deal, but a little thing that sometimes bugs me.


I actually like this. No matter how bad you are, there's always a chance of success. No matter how good you are, there's always the chance of failure. Nice idea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
Why? A soldier with a fire poker shouldn't be able to blood a mega boss just because he rolled a 10. Likewise an advanced class (two years from now) shouldn't miss with a orange level sword when swinging at an arachnid just because he rolled a 1.


Have you seen Troy?
Thats how the Might Achilles was taken down.
By a lowly soldier with a small bow and a lucky hit.


Prince of Troy, trained with the bow since he could walk, handed guided by Aphrodite.

Just being nitpicky.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ranger
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're concerned about the odds you could always rule that if the attack can't normally hit with a 10 then if you roll a 10 you have to make a second role and add 10 to it to see if you actually hit (you only get the add on roll if you get a 10 on the first roll).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Beyer
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
ropya wrote:
Have you seen Troy?


Oh man, my English teacher wife would recoil in horror at the movie version of the Iliad being brought up in reference to Achilles' death!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rowe33 wrote:

Oh man, my English teacher wife would recoil in horror at the movie version of the Iliad being brought up in reference to Achilles' death!


ropya wrote:
Have you read Troy?


Fixed it for him.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
rowe33 wrote:

Oh man, my English teacher wife would recoil in horror at the movie version of the Iliad being brought up in reference to Achilles' death!


ropya wrote:
Have you read TroyThe Illiad?


Fixed it for him.


FIFY.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
rowe33 wrote:

Oh man, my English teacher wife would recoil in horror at the movie version of the Iliad being brought up in reference to Achilles' death!


ropya wrote:
Have you read TroyThe Illiad?


Fixed it for him.


FIFY.


Dammit, I knew I had to do that but I didn't. Craaaaaaaaap.

Wait - I meant the novelization of the movie!!!

Yeah, there's no way out of this. I'm going to slink of quietly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theos Hamartia
Germany
flag msg tools
I for one don't like the odds in this case, I just believe 10% chance of an automatic hit or miss is too much. So I've been toying with the thought that on a 10 you can expend one fate die to hit your target even if you normally couldn't and if you would hit automatically, but you roll a 1, you have to expend a fate die as well in order to hit. But I'll have to wait for the actual rules and see if this system works as I'd like it to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.