Subject: The Courtesan's Window rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one visits the Courtesan's shop, does she get the opportunity to ask a husband to buy it? If so, does he get a 50% discount? If not, this seems to be a powerful blow against the poor Courtesan, who already seems to suffer each time I play with an odd number of players: because she owns a shop, there is more likely to be at least one unvisited Lady's shop, meaning that that each Lady on average would get more articles than in a game without the Courtesan (and certainly more than the Courtesan herself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one visits her favorite shop, then she choose one husband who can offer her the card on the window with 50% discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that item count against her limit of three items per day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry, but it looks like the translator does not speak French correctly !!!

The correct rule is :
- the courtesan distributes her cards to the gentlemen (including the window one)
- gentlemen pay or not (according to the rule "at least as many purchase for your lady than for the courtesan", the window card count in this limit)
- each gentleman gives back to the courtesan what he does not want to pay face down, and what he paid face up.
- Then she can keep only 3 items from the cards face down for the next turn (whereas a normal lady can keep as many as she wants if her husband pays 100£ per item). (here is the translation mistake)

I hope this is clear for you now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.