Hide
10 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Strategy Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion wishes, which figures, what else? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
I could want Riddler, start say 1 dollar, 4 information, 1 threat and Scarecrow,1 dollar, 3 information, 2 threat (they are more "intellectual", but Scarecrow more dangerous, so more threat)

Can't think of abilities now, but lots to work with , thematically and mechanically
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Argo
United States
Durant
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto on Riddler and Scarecrow. I'd also like to see Bane and Mad Hatter in the mix, though I doubt they'd go the route of Mad Hatter.

The Riddler could have an ability that's analogous to the Penguin's Iceberg Lounge ability, where he can cash in cards for extra Information. For Scarecrow, I could see him having some kind of ability that lets him place extra threat (or receive some kind of boon) whenever he sends Henchmen back to the hideout.

Besides more villains, I'd like to see a new, more attractive board. The current one could use a little sprucing up. And more cards for the Batman deck would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think an expansion should have at least four new villains and wooden cubes. I replaced my chits with cubes, but the colours don't match perfectly. I like cubage in my games. And Bane was the first villain that came to mind that should be in any expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
erasercrumbs wrote:

The Riddler could have an ability that's analogous to the Penguin's Iceberg Lounge ability, where he can cash in cards for extra Information. For Scarecrow, I could see him having some kind of ability that lets him place extra threat (or receive some kind of boon) whenever he sends Henchmen back to the hideout.

Scarecrow's extra threat with henchmen, how is that thematic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Argo
United States
Durant
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:

Scarecrow's extra threat with henchmen, how is that thematic?

It was meant to imply him scaring your opponents' henchmen into hiding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Grantz
United States
Park City
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this game is popular enough for WizKids to want to do an expansion. Personally, I would love to see Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, and The Riddler added in the first expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Laursen
Denmark
Randers
flag msg tools
Bane, Hugo Strange, Poison Ivy and Riddler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Asaro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd LOVE to see an expansion for this puppy. Really digging this game.

Could use more Batman cards, of course. But mostly i'd be looking for new villains.

Ivy, Freeze, Riddler, and Scarecrow would be my first-tier of choices

Bane, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, and Strange the second tier.

And if there were some way to work Catwoman into it that would also be fantastic. The game could certainly use a feminine presence other than the Harley Quinn card, which is why of all of them, Ivy would be my #1 pick to see in an expansion. Hope it happens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Allen
msg tools
Definitely would like to see some more female characters involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.