Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... added to the AEG version and they look AWESOME!!

I picked up Card of the Dead on a whim at Essen and have really enjoyed playing it. It takes just a couple of minutes to explain the game and if the game takes 10 minutes to play then you've had an epic game. After a couple of games it still doesn't outstay it's welcome.

Now, I've been looking at the new AEG cards and they've added some new actions, or tweaks to actions and I have to admit I'm EXTREMELY excited about the tweaks/additions and have a feeling that it'll add a lot to the game. Currently in games you wait for a few cards to really start having fun, something like dynamite or Bad Situation, but now I think there is even more game changing cards in this 10 minute game.

I'm so glad that AEG have taken this game, and I hope they continue to look at Japon Brand (which I see they have done for the awesome Trains, and Cheaty Mages, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! All of the changes were recommended by the designer. We didn't just tinker with it on a whim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Thanks! All of the changes were recommended by the designer. We didn't just tinker with it on a whim.

You didn't tinker, but clearly the designer couldn't help himself ;o)

Out of interest, is it still the same amount of cards or is there a bigger draw pile?

When do you hope to release this version? I'll certainly be first in the queue ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have it in front of me, I'm in Tokyo now and only brought iPad. It's roughly the same amount, maybe 1-2 cards more. This will be out this summer. August is the goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG is shaping up to be exciting at GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Game looks fun but comparing the art of the original and the new AEG version I'm liking the original art better. I guess I prefer a darker look for zombie themed games instead of a more kid friendly goofy look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbrodack wrote:
Game looks fun but comparing the art of the original and the new AEG version I'm liking the original art better. I guess I prefer a darker look for zombie themed games instead of a more kid friendly goofy look.

I like the new art much better. In fact I wouldn't buy it with the old art. It wouldn't be an option for the wife and kid. Plus the old cards just look dark. I think aeg improved the layout and readability of the cards. It's going to sell 3x better with those changes but I can see why people want the more graphic scary cards of the old version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.