Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Visionary's power, "Wrest the Mind" says "Play this card on a target. Whenever that target deals damage, you may redirect that damage to another target. If you do, the Visionary deals 2 psychic damage to that target and 2 psychic damage to herself."

I want to know how this rule interacts when this card is played on General Voss' card "TCF Conqueror", which is a villain Device with 15 hitpoints that reads "At the end of the villain turn, this card deals each hero target 3 fire damage."

If I understand this right, since I have four heroes in play, the card deals damage four times, and each time I can redirect this damage to General Voss. Assuming there are no minions in play, the grand total comes out to:

12 fire damage to General Voss
2 psychic damage to the CF Conqueror
2 psychic damage to Visionary

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
Is that correct?

I'm afraid the correct version would be:

12 fire damage to General Voss
8 psychic damage to the CF Conqueror
8 psychic damage to Visionary

Since the 2 psychic damage penalty occurs everytime you redirect damage - which you do four times in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Markus. Each instance of damage may be redirected. Visionary damages herself for each redirection.

To me this seems like a fantastic trade 8 HP to deal 20 damage. You really only pay 5 HP since Voss was going to hit Visionary for 3 damage anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Visionary was in a Telekinetic Cocoon shortly after that...

So the problem is the space ship lasted far longer than it should have and shot General Voss too many times.

I'll do it right next time. Thanks, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears you also have the first edition of Sentinels of the Multiverse. The damage has actually been bumped up to 3 damage to herself and 3 damage to the target that is being effected. So it would be 12 damage to her and 12 to the ship. And of course 12 to Voss since you are redirecting all the Ship's damage to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also there are all sorts of restrictions on who you can play it on now (non-hero, non-character card targets). But the ship would still be valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have this card out on a target and the 3 Psychic damage that gets dealt by Visionary to it destroys the target, the card leaves play. Does Visionary still take the 3 Psychic damage to herself or has this effect ceased at the moment the targeted card left play? This could also happen if you redirect the targets damage onto itself.

I initially thought Visionary must take the 3 damage anyway, but then I am reminded of the 'nothing happens simultaneously in SotM' maxim...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pydro
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The most recent batch of rule clarifications have said that she does not take the damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.