Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Innsmouth Horror for my second expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just bought The Curse of the Dark Pharaoh few weeks ago as my first expansion, and I realized that it doesn't really have much effect for the base game. So, I thought, maybe I should go for the big box expansion now.

I do understand that I'm supposed to get Dunwich Horror first for the Madness and Injuries cards. But my luck isn't that good, Dunwich Horror has sold out, now only left Innsmouth, do you think I should suck with it before it ends up like Dunwich? I like the characters from Innsmouth though (not to mention the personal story), and according to my research, most people claim this as the hardest expansion out of 8, and I probably can't survive soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruddiger Sanchez
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
Sure, I really enjoy the new Ancient Ones and investigators included with the game, they can be quite challenging! the Innsmouth taint hasn't really been an issue for the 8-10 games we have played with this expansions and the Personal Stories (Which there are Personal Stories for all expansion characters) are fun and a nice addition. It's my personal favorite of the big box expansions, you should pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly you cant go wrong with any of the big box expansions. Its true that Dunwich is a good first pick but if thats not an option then there is nothing wrong with getting something else.

Its not like you have to play with the expansion board every time so I would not worry about the difficulty, new Ancient Ones, new monsters, new investigators, personal stories will spice up your base game plenty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.