United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're either a long-standing exercise buff OR just getting started, I'd love to add you to my Nike+ account as a friend and to my Lose It account.

I've not had too many family or friends using them at all, so I'm looking to find some familiar faces at some of my favorite sites to add instead.

I'm currently in the midst of a huge exercise/diet regimen (and ongoing way of life, I might add) in order to get back down to my target weight and get back to my peak soccer performance abilities of yore. I started on Jan. 28th at a whopping (for me, anyway) 242.5 lbs. As of a few days back, I'm now at 217.5. That's a fantastic 25 lbs lost so far. I've set my targets at 6 lbs to lose each month or 1.5 per week. By the end of August, I hope to be at 195 or even, perhaps if things keep going really well, down to 190lbs. By the end of Sept, I'd like to be at my final best weight of 185.

I'm also back in training to play in a large soccer tournament for my family's vacation back up north come the first week of September, so it's been helpful motivation. I'm also hoping to start doing some 5Ks here and there. I just started running longer distances these past few weeks and I'm off to a good start with my times. Got a 23:27 for my 2nd 5k which is a personal best for my age (44) and current weight (217). When I was much younger, I could run them at around 18:00 so I'm trying to get way closer to that time, eventually. No marathons for me, though, I just can't seem to run that long.

Thanks for listening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me in, brother. stormseeker75 at gee mail dot com

I'm down 71lbs since January 4th. 160 more to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
18 minutes! That's damn fast. Keep it up - this post is inspiring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks fellas. I'll add you, too, Stormseeker. Thank you for the GG, Futhee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it? Only 2 replies interested in supporting each other's weight-loss/exercise plans?

Wow. I guess our hobby is still fairly apathetic towards exercise, in some ways. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe people are just embarrassed to be sharing their weight info. Either way, I got your back, Tony. Let's dominate this weight loss business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
That's it? Only 2 replies interested in supporting each other's weight-loss/exercise plans?

Wow. I guess our hobby is still fairly apathetic towards exercise, in some ways. soblue

Don't know if this is true or not. Regardless, I wish the two of you the best of success. I'm cheering for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Bill. You are probably right, Stormseeker, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.