Popular Tags: [View All]
DoctorMike Reddy
United Kingdom
Aberdare
RCT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Geek and Sundry, the next TableTop will be X-Wing!!!

DoctorMike

P.S. Can't wait to see what "house rule" they come up with this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh great, now it will be even harder to find the expansions.

Wheaton!angry

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time for Star Wars Day (May the Fourth). Coincidence? I think not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Szabadics
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmcampbell wrote:
Oh great, now it will be even harder to find the expansions.

Wheaton!angry

laugh

Oh man I hadn't though of that! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Nushmut
msg tools
Dammit, now X-Wing is too mainstream!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Not if you are a hoarder! LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
Just in time for Star Wars Day (May the Fourth). Coincidence? I think not.
I think you're thinking what I'm thinking...

But I can't wait to see one of my favourite games being played in this show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this means Target will start carrying the expansions.

Do you think FFG approached Wil, or was it the other way around? With the production issues and delays FFG has had so far, are they really looking for this type of spike in demand right now?

And this game should be more interesting to watch than Alhambra or Settlers. Especially with Seth Green playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I wonder what rules they'll get wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Monkey
msg tools
Ha, my friend spoke Will last year for almost an hour about X-Wing at a convention, he said it was not the type of game they normally review but said he wanted to try it. My buddy will have a mile high ego after hearing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not anymore. Wil said that something really cool happened (Wave 3 perhaps?) so the X Wing episode will be presented later and it will be worth to wait. The game that will replace it is Once Upon a Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fbinder wrote:
Not anymore. Wil said that something really cool happened (Wave 3 perhaps?) so the X Wing episode will be presented later and it will be worth to wait. The game that will replace it is Once Upon a Time.

Seems a safe bet - FFG probably got wind of the planned show, and contacted Wheaton to offer some wave 3 ships to fly.

Free advertising for FFG, basically guaranteed viewership boost for the show (anyone remotely interesting in X-Wing is going to tune in for sure)...it'd certainly make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought was that is will contain an element or two from Wave 3 and fantasy flight wants to make sure the reveal on May4th is the first reveal.

What ever the reason.....looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fbinder wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. The episodes were recorded months ago and already have been through post production. Have you seen all the names in the credits? I highly doubt FFG paid enough to convince them to throw out a finished episode and get everyone involved to scramble their schedules to film a single episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. The episodes were recorded months ago and already have been through post production. Have you seen all the names in the credits? I highly doubt FFG paid enough to convince them to throw out a finished episode and get everyone involved to scramble their schedules to film a single episode.

He starts talking about what I said at 0:25

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DoctorMike Reddy
United Kingdom
Aberdare
RCT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:

I agree. This will have been in the can for weeks. The only thing I can think is that they want to avoid the May the Fourth spike by delaying a week or two.

A real shame though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorMikeReddy wrote:
Throknor wrote:

I agree. This will have been in the can for weeks. The only thing I can think is that they want to avoid the May the Fourth spike by delaying a week or two.

A real shame though.

What I could see happening is having an additional segment tacked on to the end of the show where Wil previews the new wave 3 ships. A brief 5-minute piece like that could be wrapped up in just a couple days. Possibly even in the format of an interview with someone from FFG. There is a lot that could be done with the additional week they have before the show airs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:
DoctorMikeReddy wrote:
Throknor wrote:

A real shame though.

What I could see happening is having an additional segment tacked on to the end of the show where Wil previews the new wave 3 ships. A brief 5-minute piece like that could be wrapped up in just a couple days. Possibly even in the format of an interview with someone from FFG. There is a lot that could be done with the additional week they have before the show airs.

That's what I was thinking, yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:
DoctorMikeReddy wrote:
Throknor wrote:

A real shame though.

Any of which he could have put in the X-Wing gag reel the following week. Maybe it will make sense eventually still seems odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:
DoctorMikeReddy wrote:
Throknor wrote:

A real shame though.

Any of which he could have put in the X-Wing gag reel the following week. Maybe it will make sense eventually still seems odd.

I doubt that, as gag reel is not as prominent as the main show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dawson
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if they were asked to delay this due to stock levels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no X-Wing on Tabletop yet..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly, WizKids said "You're a Star Trek guy! Wait for our Star Trek: Attack Wing release and we'll make a special Wesley Crusher as Captain card!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Lapointe
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
Clearly, WizKids said "You're a Star Trek guy! Wait for our Star Trek: Attack Wing release and we'll make a special Wesley Crusher as Captain card!"

While Will probably holds Gene Roddenberry and his work (& family) close to his heart... just because Wizkidz got a license to make Star Trek themed games I don't see Will feeling obliged to them in any way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.