Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: If I just want to play the game - what is the best option? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the case, I think Captain plus Elemental Boss is the best bet ($100 plus $20 add-on US). That provides the full 6 classes of enemies and their bosses/darkness cards, 6 heroes, and all the other stretches. Anyone have any additional thoughts in this regard?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If all you want to do is enjoy the game, the simple Minion level will give you everything you need.

Not getting the Captain level for an extra $25 is silly though (provided you have the funds).

If you're allotting for add-ons - I'd actually get the Quest Deck if I was only getting one.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with the Spriggan exclusive if you go for only one add. Everything else should be available later.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the addition $25 is too good to ignore for Captain level. And doing so requires me to add Elemental boss to fully leverage the Elemental minions and captains. But beyond that, we get a ton of quests and treasures. I'm not saying the quests aren't tempting...but I'd love to face the "problem" of having played the core quests out and having to seek out a later purchase of more quests, or having to find user created quests!

My biggest issue is at $120, I'm already at what I spent on Eclipse and Mage Knight together (both of which I very much enjoy). I'm thinking I'll gladly throw more money and effort at it after I play and love it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
I would go with the Spriggan exclusive if you go for only one add. Everything else should be available later.


That again was a thought, but I see I should be able to get the Spriggan as a Druid later. It would be an option after I've played out the 6 heroes we have at Captain. Not being a completist, I can live without the exclusive miniature. I do like me some spells, though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good lord...just hit $800K....this is a freight train.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:
I agree that the addition $25 is too good to ignore for Captain level. And doing so requires me to add Elemental boss to fully leverage the Elemental minions and captains. But beyond that, we get a ton of quests and treasures. I'm not saying the quests aren't tempting...but I'd love to face the "problem" of having played the core quests out and having to seek out a later purchase of more quests, or having to find user created quests!

My biggest issue is at $120, I'm already at what I spent on Eclipse and Mage Knight together (both of which I very much enjoy). I'm thinking I'll gladly throw more money and effort at it after I play and love it.


You sir have no place in these parts...how dare you overcome the hype!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
You sir have no place in these parts...how dare you overcome the hype!!!


I'll let you in on my dirty little secret....I talk big, but the real test is when the Pledge Manager comes out. I always have the fallback to get the goodies later...until I DON'T! We'll see how I am when faced with that final decision!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:
If that's the case, I think Captain plus Elemental Boss is the best bet ($100 plus $20 add-on US). That provides the full 6 classes of enemies and their bosses/darkness cards, 6 heroes, and all the other stretches. Anyone have any additional thoughts in this regard?


That is exactly what I got. It bothered me a lot not having a complete elemental "army".

-Ski
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If I just want to play the game - what is the best option?


Best option? Trick a friend into buying it... laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.