Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Fitzmaurice
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this is a quick, question with a quick easy answer - but my search fu doesnt seem to have found a thread with the answer.

To put images in reviews/sessions etc do the images have to be uploaded first (either to a personal gallery or to the game's gallery via modding), or is it possible to directly embed them to the review/session/forum post as you go.

Im currently thinking its the former from what my casting about has gleaned.

Thanks
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can link to an external image:

to a previously uploaded image:

or upload a new image. If you upload a new image it goes to your gallery.

Just quote this message to see how it is done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
myrm wrote:
Or is it possible to directly embed them to the review/session/forum post as you go.

If you press the camera with the icon of the arrow you can upload them directly into the post you're working on (they still go into your personal gallery this way but you don't need to remember their IDs).

Other wise for internal images (hosted on the Geek) you need to get their ID number from the images url and press the camera icon in the post you wish to add them to and enter the id. Additionally the default size is small to make them larger edit the post and put 'large' or 'original' after the id string but before the bracket.

For external images (anywhere else on the internet) you need to isolate the image (right click on image, open image in new tab, etc) and get the full url. External images cannot be resized.

Quote Original Dibbler's post above for a coding example of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fitzmaurice
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks guys - easier than I hoped then, I was wondering if I had to upload all my images before using them but this gives me much more flexibility.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb

Just testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.