Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall seeing a map which added spaces on the EotMA original map to allow room for more players. Has anyone seen such a thing? How would you recommend it be done?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parkin
United Kingdom
Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
There's a version with an expanded map as well as expanded/modified rules here - http://www.torchyuk.demon.co.uk/

Of course you don't actually need an expanded map for 7 players, one of the standard scenarios (The millenium I think) lists 7 possible kingdoms and I sure other scenarios could have an extra one or perhaps even two added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that you should only play 2-6 players, and that 5 is optimum for the Millenium scenario. I wonder what squeezing in 7 players would do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parkin
United Kingdom
Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Neopeius wrote:
The rules say that you should only play 2-6 players, and that 5 is optimum for the Millenium scenario. I wonder what squeezing in 7 players would do.

Well the 6 player limit is presumably down to the counters. As to why the millenium scenario is a 5 optimum I guess some of the kingdoms are reckoned to be a little weak.

Looking at my historical atlases I imagine an extra kingdom or two could be added to most of the scenarios. Possibilities that spring to mind are; Castile, The Teutonic order, The Union of Kalmar, Hungary.

I would imagine the main problem with 7 or more players is increased downtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Civilisation III Medieval scenario had 16 distinct countries. At least. Wait, let me count them.

Western countries
1)Celts
2)England
3)France
4)Castile
5)Burgundy (includes Italy and Flanders)
6)Germany
7)Poland
8)Hungary
9)Bulgars

Muslim Countries
1)Caliphate of Cordoba
2) Fatimids
3) Abbasids
4) Turks

Viking Countries
1) Denmark
2)Norway
3) Sweden
4) Kievan Rus

Byzantine countries
1) Byzantium

18 countries in total: of which 13 are playable by humans. But I don't know how you would translate that to a board game. Also, the scenario was not balanced!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess the real difference is the Builder sort of gamer doesn't have as much fun if all expansion must be done at the expense of another player...

As for counters, that's not too big a worry. I happen to own Barbarian Kings, produced around the same time, and the piecess are very compatible!

^_^

Thanks, all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.