Popular Tags: [View All]
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that I've added a new feature to my Squadron Builder. You can now see some nice, graphical stats about your saved squadrons. And even more if you've been saving wins/losses.

Enjoy!

vs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So awesome! My friends and I really appreciate what you've built and your efforts to continue improving the app. Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the Stats tab, but can't seem to make it come active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Cool.

Can you explain how the "Turn order generator" works? I tried to use it and nothing happened. Also, in the drop down menus for squad selections on this feature, "Stats" is now an option which is surely unintentional.

thanks for an awesome resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:

You need to be logged in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magadizer wrote:
Very Cool.

Can you explain how the "Turn order generator" works? I tried to use it and nothing happened. Also, in the drop down menus for squad selections on this feature, "Stats" is now an option which is surely unintentional.

You need to have at least 2 tabs containing squadrons open. Then click turn order, select your squadrons and click OK. It will generate a printable turn order sheet to help speed up play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voidstate wrote:
Jeff Wilder wrote:

You need to be logged in...

Pretty cool idea!

I am logged in on chrome and clicking on the tab doesn't do anything.

in Firefox and IE it only gives me content for "You have turned to", "Top Squadrons" and "Popular Squadrons" and "percentage of uniqueness". Everything else is empty and in IE the layout is pretty much all over the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever see the possibility to get rid of the Facebook login...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I see the stats tab, but clicking on it just says "Sorry, an error occurred." This probably has something to do with the "Load Failed: User does not exist" error I get when I click on the "Manage" button, even though I seem to be logged in and the homepage welcomes me by name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voidstate wrote:
magadizer wrote:
Very Cool.

You need to have at least 2 tabs containing squadrons open. Then click turn order, select your squadrons and click OK. It will generate a printable turn order sheet to help speed up play...

Thanks, I tried that but without results. Clicking OK just closed the little popup box and nothing happened.

Edit: It seems to work in Chrome but not in Internet Explorer. I guess that's the difficulty.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed, thanks! And the favorite pilots are actually really accurate, too Maybe you could add another pie chart with "favorite named pilots" that doesn't show the generics?

magadizer wrote:
Internet Explorer

goo what's that? ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
I just noticed, thanks! And the favorite pilots are actually really accurate, too Maybe you could add another pie chart with "favorite named pilots" that doesn't show the generics?

magadizer wrote:
Internet Explorer

goo what's that? ninja

Yeah, yeah. I was using it at home yesterday on my home PC, which I don't use much at all. The reason I used it was because my wife is signed into Faccebook on Chrome, so I didn't want to undo that by logging into the Squad builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say this thing rocks!

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to access the Stats button Voidstate... how do you go about enabling it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. I have tested the stats in the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari on the iPad and all work for me.

If you're having trouble, please try clearing your browser cache. You may have an old version of the stylesheets if things look messed up. If you can't use the tab, you may have a cached Javascript file.

Cheers

vs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, any ideas for other stats to show are more than welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Halling
Denmark
flag msg tools
I think it'd be fun to have some stats for all saved squads (instead of only your own). Most played, most wins, most used pilots and ships, and total ratios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
voidstate wrote:
Hi guys. I have tested the stats in the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari on the iPad and all work for me.

If you're having trouble, please try clearing your browser cache. You may have an old version of the stylesheets if things look messed up. If you can't use the tab, you may have a cached Javascript file.

Cheers

vs

The stats tab is grayed out and un-clickable for me. I cleared my browser cache as advised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
USMMA95 wrote:
The stats tab is grayed out and un-clickable for me. I cleared my browser cache as advised.

This happened to me, too. I didn't change a thing, but now it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of reloads later it works just fine. Thanks for that advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added 2 new stats to the panel: global player rank and squadron rank (your top 5 squadrons now tell you where they lie in the global rankings).

Cheers

vs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few thoughts on the statistics chosen and how interesting they are.

"Top Guns" and "Top Squadrons" windows:

It mostly shows my "1-Game-Wonder" Squadrons. Have you given any thought to weighting that strongly with the number of plays? I kinda think that a squadron that gets 50% out of 4 or 10 games is probably better than one that just happened to get one win out of one game.

Easiest would probably be to only include squadrons from a certain number of plays upwards in the ranking or create a basevalue by inserting a number of "dummy plays" into each squadron that come out to 50% win rate.

Favorite Pilots:
I think that a neater gauge, as to how popular a Pilot is with you, is how many squadrons feature at least one of the pilot rather than the total number of times that these pilots are used. Otherwise it will always remain skewed against the unique pilots.

Wishfull thinking:
It would be nice to have configurable "Favorite" windows, or more of them, for instance favorite crew upgrades, Astromechs, missiles, etc.

And obviously any and all filters for favorites (like only Rebels, only squadrons with X Wins or so) would be gravy on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the ideas Christof.

I've already been wondering about how the favourite pilots pie chart favours non-unique pilots. I think I'll do what you suggest and only count each pilot per squadron.

As for the top squadrons, I completely agree that it's not a very representative way of ranking successes. Basically it just ranks by win percentage, then breaks ties with win/loss difference. I'll see what I can do to improve it.

Finally, I nearly did include a top upgrades chart. Would anyone be interested in that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken your ideas on board, Christof. The top squadrons and user rank now use a top secret bayesian averaging formula of my own cunning device which should rank consistently performing squadrons better than ones with one-off wins.

Also, favourite ship and pilot now only include each ship/pilot once per squadron.

You'll have to wait for any cached versions of the stats to expire before you see the changes, I'm afraid...

If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to chip in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Gagnon
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep getting the user not logged in error when trying to get to collection. I'm a new user and I am logged in to Facebook. One the very first login I changed the option from Friends to Only Me. Not sure if that's the issue but I don't know how to change that setting now since it never appears, even after clearing browser cache.

Nice tool, just wish I could use more of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.