United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
New York Man Charged with Internet Extortion and Cyber Stalking

A 21-year-old Great Neck, New York man was charged in a criminal complaint in the Eastern District of Michigan with Internet extortion and cyber stalking, announced United States Attorney Barbara L. McQuade.

Joining in the announcement were Special Agent in Charge Robert D. Foley, III, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Chief John Seto, Ann Arbor Police Department.

According to the affidavit, from May 2012 through February 2013, Adam Paul Savader sent anonymous text messages using Google Voice numbers to 15 women stating that he had nude photographs of the women and threatening to distribute the nude photographs to the women’s friends and family members unless the women sent him more nude photographs of themselves. Savader sent some of the victims links to a photo-sharing website where nude pictures of the victims had been posted.

The case was brought to the attention of the Federal Bureau of Investigation by detectives from the Ann Arbor Police Department, who received a complaint from a victim stating that she had received threatening messages from a person who had illegally obtained nude photographs of her from her e-mail account. Detectives with the Ann Arbor P.D. partnered with FBI agents to investigate the case and together identified 15 victims in Detroit; Washington, D.C.; and Long Island, New York.

If convicted on these charges, Savader faces a maximum penalty of five years’ imprisonment.

Savader is currently in federal custody in New York awaiting removal to Michigan.

A complaint is only a charge and is not evidence of guilt. Trial cannot be held on felony charges in a complaint. When the investigation is completed a determination will be made whether to seek a felony indictment.

Supposedly he hacked into the women's accounts and accessed some pictures, but wanted more. So he threatened the release of the pictures he already had unless they sent him some new material. Here is one of the winning texts he is accused of sending to a victim:

Quote:
“I swear on all that is holy. If you fuck with me again I will send these to your parents. I have no problem sending them to ur [sic] parents, friends and sorority sisters unless you cooperate by answering me,” he allegedly told one woman.

Awkward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What't the point of this thread? Some guy with an unrelated connection to a VP candidate is a shithead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all for knocking Paul Ryan down a peg or two or even three, but this seems a pretty tenuous connection. An intern? No cover up by Paul Ryan? It seems at best that you could close with "blah blah blah previously worked as an intern in the Paul Ryan campaign". Throwing Ryan in the title seems a bit much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt this would have made the news had he not been Paul Ryan's Intern. Also some of the dates when he is alleged to have done the deeds were during Campaign, he may have used Campaign computers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
What't the point of this thread? Some guy with an unrelated connection to a VP candidate is a shithead?

Obviously, jmilum is just like bluesteel, but on the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I doubt this would have made the news had he not been Paul Ryan's Intern.

You have to be careful here. This fact doesn't solidify news worthiness, but can raise allegations of news bias. Maybe it really shouldn't have made the news at all (outside of the local news sphere of where this guy lives), at least until there are direct ties to the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:

Now that goes a bit too far. Jmilum doesn't inject a six sentence propaganda paragraph in every post about how the GOP is successfully setting the Universe on the path to Armageddon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Now I know what Aetheros meant when he said "Men with child molester lips."

You know, I thought this but, couldn't quite bring my self to post the thought. Oh well BJ, great minds and all......

And see, no one is jumping on the hate Ryan bandwagon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

He kind of looks like he could be the little brother of the molester from The Devil's Advocate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Lips of Molesting +5:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shown above:
Success, left, and not success, right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meh. unconnected creeper except by a tenuous thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
meh. unconnected creeper except by a tenuous thread

If we delete this thread, no longer any connection!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
qzhdad wrote:

Now that goes a bit too far. Jmilum doesn't inject a six sentence propaganda paragraph in every post about how the GOP is successfully setting the Universe on the path to Armageddon.

OK, he's not as explicit, but his contempt for all things Republican seems just as firmly held as bluesteel's opinion of Obama.

Other than "look how bad the other side is," do you have a suggestion why the OP was made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
qzhdad wrote:

OK, he's not as explicit, but his contempt for all things Republican seems just as firmly held as bluesteel's opinion of Obama.

Other than "look how bad the other side is," do you have a suggestion why the OP was made?

They were friends in high school?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
qzhdad wrote:

Oh, no doubt, it's just that his personality doesn't match BlueSteel's. I think JerBear is the liberal Rich Charters. No intelligent thought to his posts, bad spelling and grammar, and can't come up with an argument of his own so he just mangles arguments he read somewhere else.

I think the liberal equivalent of BlueSteel has to be DdJ. Clearly intelligent, and just as clearly completely out of touch with reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I stated that explicitly, why are you asking someone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paul ryan has this saggy face like hes hung over all the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
That's from the steroids he uses to maintain the guns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the title should have referred to him as Callista Gingrich's elephant:

Campaign worker charged with blackmailing women bragged of playing ‘Ellis the Elephant’ for Gingrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
He's even got a picture with "The Rent is Too Damn High" guy! He was like photo hog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
It's not unrelated. He got the original blackmail photos out of Romney's binder of women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
bjlillo wrote:

When you see 'em, you just know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.