Subject: The additional decks, help please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Sitting on the fence still. I wish I had watched the game play videos. But I so far haven't.

I kinda trust Mercs considering how awesome MERCS itself seem to be. The components look great and I'm sure it's an enjoyable game.

I'm just not 100% convinced it's the level of difficulty / complexity I would want in a game (they say it's more of a game for everyone and it's for ages 10 and up.)

I don't know whatever a game such as Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) would give me more story and differences, on the other hand Descent doesn't give you all too much options for what to do on your turn or does it? I don't know all that much about Descent either. I've played the second introduction setup and I've played Mansion of Madness once if they have anything in common.

Anyway, sadly there's not enough time to watch the longer videos. I'm watching what I can now.

* Please tell me how many of each kind of cards there was in the in game included deck. How many was stories, how many chapters and how many whatever more it was.

* I know one stretch goals was a 10 story deck. If there was like 5 stories in the base set then 10 more seem quite valuable. But I don't really know the composition.

* Feel free to tell me what was in the additional quest game which was added early (easy enough to find for myself. If I remember correctly there was 2 stories in that one, or whatever they was called. Is that very little compared to the deck above then? Or is it still good? Those decks are pretty expensive for the amount of cards in them.)

* The treasure deck, how big? What's special / good about it?

* And then there's the new slaughter field deck. It's cool slaughter field tiles was added to the game but they won't have any story unless you add this deck or not? Have they said what it will contain? Maybe in the updates? I don't know if that's something I should add.

I think the singing character brings a lot of character to the game. Wish it was included. I'm interested in that one. I know there was yet another one.

I'm not all that interested in buying more minis or more different bosses or what not. I'm not all that interested in masses of minis actually (I even think it looks pretty bad / boring with 15 spiders surrounding a hero.) But more stories and re-playability is good and it's good if everything comes to use.

All the new mini bosses and bosses and what not do come with their decks right? And they play differently? But I don't know how differently anything in the game plays. I don't know how it works. Haven't watched the darkness board yet.

Anyone willing to list how many and what of each minion, mini-boss and boss (and whatever more) there is in addition to the base game? I have a poor knowledge of what was mini bosses and what was big ones and so on. The elementals for instance only comes with minions and mini-bosses, no huge boss unless you pay extra for it? That doesn't mean it's missing the "end"? It can still be enjoyed in game play?

Are all kinds of creatures supposed to play different enough or will they play similarly but just look different?

Finally do we know what an ally and a follower is / how they act / what they do?

Thank you

$113 is quite expensive for a game I don't really know if it fits me.

$113 + $15 + $20 + $20 or whatever for the additional decks considering I still don't know if it's for me kinda make it even worse. But if I like it / play it I likely want to have them.

If there wasn't as many people who are like me maybe we would had reached the million and got.. whatever.. I still think this latest progress has been amazing, and the dragon will definitely make it =P

I just hope the game is good to =P (I'm rather confident it is but maybe it's more good for people (kids!) 13 years old rather than 33 years old ?(still a kid!) =P)

Not all that interested in spending that amount of money into a single game. Though for a miniatures game whatever those are called I can see how you can easily spend that and more. But then that's something which is likely a large part of your hobby. This is still just yet another board game and I will have more of those =P

I'm kinda interested in backing something though, but there's so much great stuff showing up now. I was interested in Torn Armor, I want to get Robinson Crusoe (which seem awesome, likely a better match for me even though it's cheaper and don't have a whole bunch of minis) and Sentinels of the Multiverse[/thing] / Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game. I'm interested in Heroes of Normandie and Galaxy Defenders, less of the later though I guess because maybe it's not as awesome as it seemed from just looking at the production and the price is insanely high to have it shipped here to Sweden and even more so if VAT and fees are added.

Those products doesn't have such a huge production but it's the game play I'm after not just having a whole bunch of bits just for having them.

I can get Rune Wars + the expansion for the same amount of money. Is it worth getting and what about the decks? How do they work? Wish they was explained in high detail. I don't even know what an "action" and a "reaction" is.

I haven't got hold of the creators so I have to decide on my own or something =P. Help me out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you are not totally sure just get only the Captain with no add ons. It is the best deal and lowest risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, thus the hand-wringing we all go through. Exciting, isn't it. I agree that you simply cannot go wrong at the Captain level. You are getting a ton of stuff for that, and in today's economic climate, basic games are getting right up there anyways without the free stuff.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of what you're asking is in the FAQ. Read it. Top to bottom. It answers a lot.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MYTH_FAQ

aliquis wrote:
* Please tell me how many of each kind of cards there was in the in game included deck. How many was stories, how many chapters and how many whatever more it was.

Check the FAQ.

aliquis wrote:
* I know one stretch goals was a 10 story deck. If there was like 5 stories in the base set then 10 more seem quite valuable. But I don't really know the composition.

Check the FAQ.

aliquis wrote:
* Feel free to tell me what was in the additional quest game which was added early (easy enough to find for myself. If I remember correctly there was 2 stories in that one, or whatever they was called. Is that very little compared to the deck above then? Or is it still good? Those decks are pretty expensive for the amount of cards in them.)

Check the FAQ.

aliquis wrote:
* The treasure deck, how big? What's special / good about it?

Check the FAQ. It has more/new treasure (not duplicate) and also will feature some items for the skald and trickster.

aliquis wrote:
* And then there's the new slaughter field deck. It's cool slaughter field tiles was added to the game but they won't have any story unless you add this deck or not? Have they said what it will contain? Maybe in the updates? I don't know if that's something I should add.

Check the updates. Its in there. Slaughterfield isn't really a story, its a survival mode with unique items, randomized spawns and achievements that each hero gets to focus on individually. You're welcome to MAKE it a story but there are, so far, no story cards that go with it.

aliquis wrote:
I think the singing character brings a lot of character to the game. Wish it was included. I'm interested in that one. I know there was yet another one.

The skald looks epic. It won't be available until well after release so if you pass on it, you'll be waiting.

aliquis wrote:
I'm not all that interested in buying more minis or more different bosses or what not. I'm not all that interested in masses of minis actually (I even think it looks pretty bad / boring with 15 spiders surrounding a hero.) But more stories and re-playability is good and it's good if everything comes to use.

Its as used as you're willing to do. Two lairs, same monster, multiple monster types - all your choice.

aliquis wrote:
All the new mini bosses and bosses and what not do come with their decks right? And they play differently? But I don't know how differently anything in the game plays. I don't know how it works. Haven't watched the darkness board yet.

Check the FAQ. Yes, all bosses come with a stat card.

aliquis wrote:
Anyone willing to list how many and what of each minion, mini-boss and boss (and whatever more) there is in addition to the base game? I have a poor knowledge of what was mini bosses and what was big ones and so on. The elementals for instance only comes with minions and mini-bosses, no huge boss unless you pay extra for it? That doesn't mean it's missing the "end"? It can still be enjoyed in game play?

This is all in the FAQ and on the graphic on the KS page. http://www.keithloweart.com/pledge_level_tally_04.12.jpg

aliquis wrote:
Are all kinds of creatures supposed to play different enough or will they play similarly but just look different?

Play differently. Each is unique.

aliquis wrote:
Finally do we know what an ally and a follower is / how they act / what they do?

We haven't heard yet. They seem to be player controlled NPCs that give buffs to the party. The torchbearer buffs the party and will even sacrifice himself to resurrect a hero. That's about all we know.

Really, read the FAQ if you do nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Ahhh, thus the hand-wringing we all go through. Exciting, isn't it. I agree that you simply cannot go wrong at the Captain level. You are getting a ton of stuff for that, and in today's economic climate, basic games are getting right up there anyways without the free stuff.

-Ski
Getting right up where? In production? In cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies.

Not convinced I really like the "player chooses" part of map setup, units and whatever you push more or not.

I want to have a story / purpose and not just go picking.

But maybe I'm missing something.

(And I guess you can play the same story with different monsters to vary it.. But that's not how I want it to work )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski
Getting right up where? In production? In cost?

Yes in cost, you will get a lot for your money. Captain is a great value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

"Large Cards: 63 x 88 mm (blackjack)

Darkness Cards - 12 in the Base Game + 78 in the Extras/Stretch
Trap - 18 in the Base Game
Quest - 45 in the Base Game + 33 in the Extras/Stretch"

Is the extras the additional stuff you can purchase or the stretch stuff?

It's all together? There's not 90 darkness cards in the captain level alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's where the quest decks come in. But this game will never be as story-driven as Descent, as it looks now. It's more like Diablo, with randomly generated quests, dungeons and drops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sad story is that once everyone has got the pledge manager and updated it for all those additional things this project will have reached one million.. Without a one million stretch goal =P

... or? =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Thank you for the replies.

Not convinced I really like the "player chooses" part of map setup, units and whatever you push more or not.

I want to have a story / purpose and not just go picking.

But maybe I'm missing something.

(And I guess you can play the same story with different monsters to vary it.. But that's not how I want it to work )

Well, some people like the flexibility. And you can always tell yourself that you have no other choice than to use orcs for example or that they simply fit the best with the theme of the quest.
Or you can force it on yourself with the roll of a die.
And the quest actually looked they have some atmosphere.
And I am also convinced that we will get a lot of custom quests even before the game arrives in our mail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:
I think that's where the quest decks come in. But this game will never be as story-driven as Descent, as it looks now. It's more like Diablo, with randomly generated quests, dungeons and drops.
But at least with a slight hint of Betrayal at House on the Hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know if one can change the address for the shipment?

Like if I pledge and decide that no, I don't want it but someone else who was on the fence do can I just ask them to ship it to that person instead? (Which I guess would be risky from a money perspective but whatever.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Q: What are the Agents of Darkness?
A: The Agents of Darkness are not Mini-bosses, nor are they Minions. They are Agents. They are equal to the Heroes in many ways. They are quite formidable They will be roughly the size of a Captain. They have unique stat cards and come with two quests. They are pretty cool. Humanoids that have given themselves over to the Darkness. They hunt the Heroes. They are a reoccurring enemy that appears at inopportune times. They have very specific reveal rules not associated with the Darkness cards, based on overall status of the Heroes. There will be rules provided with them for using one, two, or all three. (Brian, Update #45)"

I like all the story telling. Too bad it cost a fortune. Perfect for a group of players though, or families I guess. I doubt anyone will share the cost with me though =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the captain level I would think you almost certainly will be able to find some one who would buy even a used copy in good condition with all the stretch goals for more than what you pledged, or at the very least break even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Congratulations!

You are now an official backer of MYTH. Time to tell the world about it!"

Done. Just captain + shipping. I'll look into the additional later in the pledge manager however that works.

I'm open if someone in Sweden (I live in Örebro if you want to avoid any additional shipping cost) wants to add something to it and if I decide I'm not interested I'm also open for selling it to someone who missed out.

Thank you for your help. Now I'll finish my breakfast (16:59 ..) and take the bike to the university to actually play some games =P

Will watch all those videos and updates later

It was down to five minutes. Good I found my VISA card quickly .. And already had an Amazon account. Won't know if I would had been missing out if I hadn't paid in time. I always finish late ;D

Sad thing is I would be interested in MERCS to.. And Infinity. =P, they should had bundled me some CCC MERCS or whatever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First pledge I've ever done.

Guess it shows how actually releasing some game information (and being a reputable company) DO make the difference for how I act and whatever you get my money or not (yeah I'm looking at you CMON.)

(Also while the presenter stop to think about what he's saying every now and then he do seem like a very nice person. Calm, warm and just a nice guy.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it that gets people so angry about CMON Oo. I bought Zombicide S1 retail & really enjoyed it, then supported the season 2 kickstarter. I never came across any issues & pretty sure everything I asked directly was answered.

Is it worse for the other projects they've done or something, just so I know to be careful in the future? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
What is it that gets people so angry about CMON Oo. I bought Zombicide S1 retail & really enjoyed it, then supported the season 2 kickstarter. I never came across any issues & pretty sure everything I asked directly was answered.

Is it worse for the other projects they've done or something, just so I know to be careful in the future? Thanks
I may be wrong but I'm used to watching game reviews on video. I guess backing Zombicide on Kickstarter may even be MORE informative than buying it in a game store looking at the box. However I would prefer to have the game explained for me.

I guess in Zombicide it may have been easier to explain than Sedition wars which may have been a somewhat more complex game / have more possible potational but my issue regardless was that I didn't knew what to expect and actually get.

The more preferably manuscripted videos, rules and actual game play the better for me.

That's kinda all.

Also they didn't replied on my e-mails but I don't know why that happened but that make me feel the customer service is less than stellar.

Maybe I'm harsh, lots of people enjoy Zombicide, I've got a friend who do and own it and backed season 2. I think Sedition wars still look like a very cool game and I guess I would actually probably rather have that than this if I got to pick. But I wanted to see the rules and stuff but I didn't. And in the end people got disappointed with the rules.

My very first impression was also "I'm a miniatures guy who want to make sci-fi miniatures. Here they are. Now I'm designing a game with them with the help of some other people.", which may be fine but the game play would still be the most important for me, even though that game looks freaking awesome with the paint job they did.

Sorry for being off-topic and harsh, guess it's a combination of "sad of missing out" + response from people defending that lack of information + that I really want to know what I'm buying and shouldn't be going in the direction of those 1400+ games people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

kelann08 wrote:
aliquis wrote:

Check the updates. Its in there. Slaughterfield isn't really a story, its a survival mode with unique items, randomized spawns and achievements that each hero gets to focus on individually. You're welcome to MAKE it a story but there are, so far, no story cards that go with it.

Would be really nice if someone can explain a little bit more in detail. Do I need to purchase the additional deck to use the slaughterfield tiles or is there already a deck included in the strech rewards and/or base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Hi,

kelann08 wrote:
aliquis wrote:

Would be really nice if someone can explain a little bit more in detail. Do I need to purchase the additional deck to use the slaughterfield tiles or is there already a deck included in the strech rewards and/or base game?
I'm pretty sure there's no deck. There's only tiles. Doesn't mean they are completely useless if you come up with your own scenarios but it's not the 40 card @ $20 deck which you can buy as an additional item. (Expensive.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Hi,

kelann08 wrote:
aliquis wrote:

Tiles only, no deck included. You can buy the $20 deck to enhance your Slaughterfield gameplay.

From what has been said, Slaughterfield is a survival mode in which you endure waves of enemies on end and try to out live them. You fight like normal (though the lairs may be immune) and get treasures like normal. The cards make the mobs easier to randomize, add a set of Slaughterfield only treasures to increase your chances of survival and add achievements assigned to each hero secretly that are only for your hero and garner rewards and victory points when accomplished.

Take that away and you have a base game tile with spawns and normal treasure. That's all you're adding. More varied spawns, different gear to help you in slaughterfield (gear not usable in a normal gameplay) and achievements. That's the SOLE purpose for the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@aliquis

You should probably try to be careful with criticism of companies like CMON on certain matters. The designer and publisher are separate!

I'm not sure who the designers are for Sedition Wars although I know they're a different group, but certainly for Zombicide it's Guillotine Games, who seem to do a great job in my experience.

It does come with it's problems though. For example sending CMON messages on kickstarter about the game isn't likely to be very helpful, when they don't actually have the answers. Need to get in touch with the designer for that information, or hope that someone at CMON finds the time to do so for you, and with the scale of their projects I think it's difficult.

-------------
Aaaaanyway I'm sounding way too much like their minion, so SLAUGHTERFIELD stuff! I think I might add the deck when the pledge manager goes up. I suspect at the moment it won't be great, as we'll have to pick what enemy types, get the same treasure as normal, and be doing it just to survive. With the extra's it'll be a bit more random and unexpected enemies (Hoping the cards are more exciting than 'it's a rat wave' anyway...that would be lame) & the achievements sound like a really cool idea, mixing things up and adding a bit of competition!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.