Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Core Worlds» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone ever track empire points/base energy real-time using a tracker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My friends are fans of games where there is a score track so they can easily see each other's progress relative to their own and they don't always have to track people's cards.

I was wondering if anyone has ever made a board or a sheet or something to track each player's Empire Points and the energy they regenerate during the Energy Phase (energy from planets alone).

With the Galactic Orders expansion, I'm assuming it would be easy to use a faction token or two to use as markers for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your invaded worlds are face up in your warzone and can be seen by all players. So Empire Points and Energy generation from worlds can easily be calculated. Plus, with the Galactic Orders, just count the top two players on each order. These two visible areas will give you at least ~70% of their total Empire Points.

The only other thing you have to keep track of in your mind is Empire Points earned on cards drafted. Honestly, keeping track of those points is not as important as trying to remember which player drafted which cards. This is important when it comes to the Core Worlds. For example, if an opponent has been drafting a lot of Infantry unit cards, don't let them invade Wotan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:

For example, if an opponent has been drafting a lot of Infantry unit cards, don't let them invade Wotan.

At the same time (and sorry for derailing the thread), if you invade it before he does, and you *haven't* been drafting infantry units, maybe you'd be better off invading a more profitable world...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Robman wrote:

For example, if an opponent has been drafting a lot of Infantry unit cards, don't let them invade Wotan.

At the same time (and sorry for derailing the thread), if you invade it before he does, and you *haven't* been drafting infantry units, maybe you'd be better off invading a more profitable world...

But your starting deck has at least four Galactic Grunts (Infantry). So that's at least 6 Empire Points if you didn't draft any other Infantry units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you could but much of this game is about watching what the other players are doing. I won the last game we played, 5 player, with only 4 conquered planets in front of me. I got the main core world I needed and several points giving cards in my deck. I didn't look threatening throughout the game so most players didn't notice what I was doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Jesurun
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that is a handy idea. We are often asking each other how much fleet and ground strength the other players have. I haven't done it yet though. It is public knowledge, just clunky to obtain, so making it easier to see is a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Horatio252 wrote:
I think that is a handy idea. We are often asking each other how much fleet and ground strength the other players have. I haven't done it yet though. It is public knowledge, just clunky to obtain, so making it easier to see is a good idea.

I wasn't thinking about tracking base fleet/ground strength (just EP and planet energy), but I like that idea too. I played for the first time this week and from time to time the active player would ask others for their stats (and sometimes ask again).

Maybe it would be faster for the active player to do their move if he/she had that information readily available (so they can do math in their head or whatever).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.