Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am really close to pledging but I would mainly be playing solo. I know there may be some solo variant but how well does the game scale? Would I have to control multiple characters? If so that seems like a lot to manage for one player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they have indicated that you can Solo with one charachter,... that they have playtested it, but it will require a few tweeks to the basic game.

those changes will be available as a free download when the game comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's co op. So solo means play multiple characters. Solitaire would be one character play and given that the interaction of card combos between multiple heroes is a major aspect of the design, would probably not work well.

This game should not be difficult to play solo. In fact, with full control it may actually be much more tactical then in multiplayer.

It certainly would not require the sort of two brained thinking that soloing a standard wargame requires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
It's co op. So solo means play multiple characters. Solitaire would be one character play and given that the interaction of card combos between multiple heroes is a major aspect of the design, would probably not work well.

This game should not be difficult to play solo. In fact, with full control it may actually be much more tactical then in multiplayer.

It certainly would not require the sort of two brained thinking that soloing a standard wargame requires.

I just worry it may be overwhelming trying to manage two or more deck of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 2 characters would be doable,.... more than that would be a bit cumbersome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only five cards per hero to make a choice with per round. Not very overwhelming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I think 2 characters would be doable,.... more than that would be a bit cumbersome

That is what I was thinking. Do you think the game will be easier or harder with more characters? Does it scale depending?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Michael says, there will be some lovely single-character rules released for free when the games out (or maybe before, who knows).

Works fine playing with 2+ on your own anyway, so could always do that for a month or two before the proper solo rules are put up ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

That is what I was thinking. Do you think the game will be easier or harder with more characters? Does it scale depending?

It appears the way it scales is that 2 heroes will get to each do more turns before the Darkness activates, as the AP use will be less per hero turns than with more heroes (does that make sense?)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.