5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Volkare attacks and no more deck cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here´s the situation I am facing since last night.

It is my 3rd day, I managed to take over the red castle, and heal myself before Volkare arrived at the gates. Now, I have 8 cards in my HAND and deck is empty, volkare is at the door with only 1 card left (all wounds already played, so it is definitely an attact to the castle), and it is my turn. I dont know what´s next. All my units are already spent since the last attack to the castle, and my 8 left cards are no good for fignthing.

Should I discard all my cards, that would leave me with no cards, but then Volkare would have a turn and fight me with no cards in my hand? Or should I throw one card, keep seven for the fight, then volkare would fight and I can fend him off and get some wounds, then heal and wait for his next attack?

When is the END OF ROUND declared in this case? Can I declare it so I can refresh my deck cards? Or is it GAME OVER?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You can declare end of round whenever you start a turn with no cards in your deck. Volkare does not take a turn after end of round is declared, so you'll be able to refresh your deck without taking a beating in between. It's only game over if you're declaring end of round and it's the end of the last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, the problem is, I still have 8 cards in my hand, and Volkare has 1 move card in his deck.

So, say I discard all my 8 cards (so my next turn I can declare EoR). Then Volkare attacks the city, but I have no cards in my hand!

Or, I discard 1 from my hand and keep 7 for defending the next turn, then Volkare attacks and I get wounds as I fend him off. Since Volkare enters in Frenzy mode, then again I get no chance to heal.

So how does this work when you have no cards in your deck but you do in hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tom2013 wrote:
So, say I discard all my 8 cards (so my next turn I can declare EoR).

Why don't you declare end of round this turn, like he said. Instead of playing or discarding any cards at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Totally missed that one David. Thanks!

As per the Rule Book, p5. "A player´s turn", 2.C: If you have cards in your hand, but your deed deck is empty, it is up to you whether to announce EoR or whether to play your turn."

This solves this problem I am into. Just announce EoR, Volkare does not get his turn and all my deck is refreshed and Units Readied.

Thanks!!!

- Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.