Subject: New to Bowling Brook, IL area- where to game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I am new to the Bowling Brok, Il area and was hoping for a recomendation on where to get my board gaming fix in..

Thanks in advance...

:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Sorbo
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey James!

Try dropping a message at:

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/83/boardgamegeek/midwest

Might get more responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean Bolingbrook?

It's probably a little far north for you, but I know there's a strong regular group that plays in Elgin IL on Thursday nights. Search for the Elgin Eagles here, I think there's a guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G N
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of a couple shops about ten miles away or so depending on where in Bolingbrook you are.

There is Fair Game in Downers Grove and The Wandering Dragon in Plainfield. I think both have decent play space and specific events and such. Should be able to join up with some there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all... I will check those out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Kelly
United States
Worth
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burrfoot wrote:
I know of a couple shops about ten miles away or so depending on where in Bolingbrook you are.

There is Fair Game in Downers Grove and The Wandering Dragon in Plainfield. I think both have decent play space and specific events and such. Should be able to join up with some there.

These 2 are awesome if you go north there is Games Plus in Mt. Prospect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ashton
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

It's probably a little far north for you, but I know there's a strong regular group that plays in Elgin IL on Thursday nights. Search for the Elgin Eagles here, I think there's a guild.

I haven't been to any of their nights, but I know they hold regular conventions (maybe four a year or so) and have heard really good things about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
mvkhaos wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I haven't been to any of their nights, but I know they hold regular conventions (maybe four a year or so) and have heard really good things about them.

I've been to the miniCons. They're awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Region: Midwest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Meetup.com as well for gaming groups. They will usually give you an idea where gamers congregate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's lots of opengaming at The Wandering Dragon Game Shoppe.

Also, a new store just opened in Aurora, IL (can't remember the name right now), which also has a nice gaming space in the basement.

If you're feeling like a drive, check out Games Plus in Mount Prospect . . . but you should probably make sure they're having an event you want to participate in, so check out their website and/or call them to see when they have open gaming nights, etc. While I have heard the store is very cool, I have not been there myself. Living in Joliet, it's a bit of a drive.

For more planned out gaming, posting to the Midwest thread helps.

Finally, you might consider doing a search for Geeks that live in and around your area. If they have shared their town/location for searches, they will show up, and you can send them individual geekmails to see if they are interested in some gaming separately.

Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a week in Bolingbrookthisa meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/The-Fellowship-of-West-Suburban-Board-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.