Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I have now got a complete set of blocks and now am wondering what rules to play. I have the AH set. I notice there is rules posted with a player aid. Is this the best to use or should i use my original rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, I've never played the AH version, however, if you use the player guide, you should make sure it works for the AH units.

There are two things that come to min that you should check against the AH rules. First, as there are many more blocks in the CG version, the unit movement allowances for major/minor roads and river crossings may have been changed. I would stay with the AH limits.

Secondly, the CG version eliminated the Horse Artillery units. I know that these units may move two towns, in the same manner as Calvary. I would presume that in battle they are no different than regular Artillery, but you should check that in the AH rules.

I'm sure someone with actual experience can be much more helpful than me, but these possible differences came to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sort of played through last night and have worked out the AH rules. I think I will play the original rules for the first few games as we get used the the actual game play.
Now I just need to work out how to decide which units to put together and where at the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
If you haven't stumbled across it already, check out Steffan O'Sullivan's comparison of the 2 rule sets w/ commentary why the AH or the Columbia Games set migth be better. It also ends with what he considers a good compromise trying to get the best of both:

http://www.panix.com/~sos/bc/nap.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great, thanks for that. will read up on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.