Subject: Spriggan worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it is possible to add some more money after the ks is over...but now i am trying to get it wrapped up in my head.
Is 15$ for a single mini worth it if you get 150 for 100$ ?

Do you believe his price would be more than that after ks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will be available after the Kickstarter, it is labelled "Kickstarter Exclusive"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spriggan will be a Kickstarter exclusive, so won't exist outside of the Kickstarter.

They said that the DECK will likely be reused for a Druid in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
I guess it is possible to add some more money after the ks is over...but now i am trying to get it wrapped up in my head.

Do you believe his price would be more than that after ks?

Its a KS exclusive but the cards will be used by the druid. You won't lose out on the mechanics of the class but you will lose out on the model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I am aware, I was thinking if anyone has any idea of how much it would go for on ebay and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Yes I am aware, I was thinking if anyone has any idea of how much it would go for on ebay and such.

$10 zombicide promos are selling for $100+.
If that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you aren't just paying for the mini, but also the hero deck and treasure cards. I imagine it would resell for a decent amount more than it costs on eBay, but maybe not until after the game hits retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends how much you like having exclusive stuff. There will be less than 5000 people with the Spriggan version of the druid ^^

You're paying for some cards as well (About 36) & a metal token to mark the class on the hero board.

I think it's worth it personally, and recommend adding it in the pledge manager, but it's what the value is to you personally that's important (A 'druid' will become available eventually with the same hero deck, but with different models and such, i.e. clearly nowhere near as awesome )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:

I would suggest that you are the only person who can answer that question. Do you think you will get $15 worth of play out of it? I certainly don't know, only you do.

Yes, it is likely you will be able to recoup your costs on the secondary market, but nothing is guaranteed - not even getting the game is guaranteed. I think it is highly highly likely you will get the game, but it is not guaranteed. Investing in individual game pieces is very risky in my opinion and I suggest you get the model if you think you will enjoy playing with it.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
DPO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
It's 100% not worth it for value. $15 for 1 figurine is not good value. However, I know why mercs did it and I would have done the exact same thing. They are already giving you 170 some odd miniatures for $100, there is no way they are making a lot of money on that, so they figure, lets give 170 odd figures +1 out for $115 and get closer to profit.

How do you get people to make sure they pay the 15? Make it KS exclusive. Is the spriggan worth it on it's own? No.

Are 170 figures worth $115? No question.
Am I getting the Spriggan? Absolutely.
Should you get the spriggan? Well it's now or never, for $115, you are getting a LOT of value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
From MERCs side of things, you have to remember that it is expensive to create moulds for plastic figures. Creating a mould that will only be used for a limited run is not cost-efficient, and the pieces therefore cost more to make and cost more to sell. Paying a premium for an exclusive piece is, of course, nothing new.

The Spriggan is the only add-on I bought, but if the game is decent I see MERCs getting my repeat business for years to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends how you value things really Steve.

Regardless of the $100 and amount you are getting for that, the Spriggan sculpt is exclusive, which means there'll be what, maximum 5000 people getting it. That means it's fairly limited. Limited things automatically have an inflated value due to being hard to obtain, so it's more valuable.

I know that doesn't really matter when you aren't intending on selling it, but still ^^. It's valuable to me partly because it's an asexual hero, which I know my girlfriend will really approve of and love to play (We are totally not a weird couple...), look forward to having Myth & my loooovely exclusive ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.