Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Welcome to BSG PBF 347 - Instant Asphyxiation. This will be a 5-player base game to Kobol. This is also a cadet cruise, intended to reduce the wait time for first-time PBF players, so I will only invite those who are marked as "Newbie" in the wait list, are not currently playing in a variant game and have not failed to respond to previous invites twice.

There will be a single adjustment to the rules: with Investigative Committee in play, I will not reveal Destiny in a skill check. So essentially we're using the Pegasus Investigative Committees. Because the base game ones are just silly.

Standard Things to remember/know:

d10-1All players must have their own copies of the game (this is an FFG requirement).

d10-2Follow PBF conventions. Bold your actions! I will not process anything until bolded. Use italics for in-character talk, and use images for flavor and fun. Find lots of them here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/item/1834905#item1834905. Use the image banners so we know who you are. If you're on a mobile device and don't want to look up your bannerID, please put your character name at the top of your post.

d10-3Don't communicate with other players outside the thread. Any private communication should be between me and particular players. If you have a question that you don’t want to ask publically, ask me, that's what I'm here for!

d10-4Subscribe to the thread! And if you don't visit often, turn on the option to forward your GeekMail to your email. I expect that you will act within 24 hours of being prompted.

d10-5Use Conditional Orders (COs) and the game will run nice and smooth. The game is much more enjoyable when it’s moving along and not getting stalled for days.

d10-6 In all geekmails to me, state the game number (347) and your character name in the subject. I'm moderating several games simultaneously and that helps a lot with not getting confused.

d10-7I like to make my board images after the current player has received their cards, so everyone knows how many cards are out there. So if you have a variable draw, please send in your COs for those as soon as you can.

d10-8I will assume that each player has the following standing COs. Send me a GM when you'd like to act otherwise.

* Pass on Declare Emergency
* Pass on Strategic Planning for shots against raiders, scouts if there's more than one raptor remaining and shots by cylon ships
* Pass on all character abilities. If one of your character abilities is reactive, like Starbuck's Special Destiny, consider sending me a CO for when I should wait for it. In the interest of game flow, this should not be "all the time" .
* Pass on Evasive Maneuvers for unmanned vipers that aren't protecting a civilian ship
* If everybody else has responded to an interrupt and you haven't, and you don't have the cards in question, I will pretend you sent me a pass CO. This will not divulge hand information since I will also pass those who sent me a pass CO at the same time.
* If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is coming up sooner.

d10-9 Do not post public COs. Also, do not post bolded actions when it is not your turn. This is to protect a Cylon's right to lie.

d10-0 Respect secrecy rules. Some often overlooked secrecy violations include:

* Saying "medium" if you've played one card
* Talking about scouted cards (top or buried) beyond "good" or "bad"
* Identifying which cards/colours you played into a skillcheck
* Volunteering the contents of your hand if it's not directly relevant to the current discussion

I am a computer, and computers make mistakes, so please notify me if something is wrong. My thanks go to the creator Orphius and maintainer Jasperhawk of the OpenOffice spreadsheets and Gimp scripts I am using, and to oriecat, whose opening post I shamelessly stole and modified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Invited:

cedesit - IN
gutsk - IN
jarjardrinks - IN
wtfpwndd2 - IN
gixx - IN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guts McGee
msg tools
I'm in! Can't wait to try this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In! Hope that PBEM isn't too hard to master!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
/in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Hall
msg tools
mbmb
In!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Welcome in everyone! Just waiting for our last player, then we're ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
msg tools
Hello everyone.

I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, fastest player sign-up ever. Let's roll for turn order, highest goes first

cedesit - 1d100 = (77) = 77
gutsk - 1d100 = (19) = 19
jarjardrinks - 1d100 = (50) = 50
wtfpwndd2 - 1d100 = (9) = 9
gixx - 1d100 = (44) = 44

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 347639. Furunkel
  • 1d100 =
  • (77) =
  • cedesit -
  • Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 347640. Furunkel
  • 1d100 =
  • (19) =
  • gutsk -
  • [+]
  • 347641. Furunkel
  • 1d100 =
  • (50) =
  • jarjardrinks -
  • [+]
  • 347642. Furunkel
  • 1d100 =
  • (9) =
  • wtfpwndd2 -
  • Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 347643. Furunkel
  • 1d100 =
  • (44) =
  • gixx -
  • Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 pm
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Turn order is

1. cedesit - Baltar
2. jarjardrinks - Adama
3. gixx - Apollo
4. gutsk - Boomer
5. wtfpwndd2 - Roslin

Cedesit, please pick any Military Leader, Politician, Pilot or Support character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
msg tools

I choose Dr. Gauis Baltar

Vote Baltar for president!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Hall
msg tools
mbmb
Question - are we able to use expansion characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'll go w/ the old man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
wtfpwndd2 wrote:
Question - are we able to use expansion characters?

No, this is a base game, so no expansion stuff.

gixx, please pick a Pilot or Support character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, then let's go with Apollo Adama!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guts McGee
msg tools
Hmm... then I guess I shall be:

Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
wtfpwndd2, please pick a Military Leader, Politician or Support character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Hall
msg tools
mbmb

We really need some politics cards. I don't think Galen draws enough and so I shall pick Roslin.

Hello everyone, I, Laura Roslin the magnificient and omnipresent, shall lead you to Earth! As your new democratic leader I ask that you please do exactly as you are told.

You may have questions as we begin our journey but I warn you that questions are dangerous. The admiral and I know what is best.

Also, please keep an eye on one "Gaius Baltar."

Wowwy at that yellow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
wtfpwndd2 wrote:

Wowwy at that yellow!

The convention is to use orange instead of yellow for politics for this very reason

Crew's set up, I'll send out loyalty soon. Everybody except Baltar please post their 3 cards starting draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

Turn 1.1: Baltar is the Current Player.

Baltar: Please post your movement and action when ready

Apollo, I placed you in sector 5, please tell me if you would like to start in sector 6 instead.

Baltar has his hand of skill cards and is good to go, but I won't process any moves before everybody stated and received his starting draw.

Wish everyone a good game! Don't hesitate to come forward with any questions you might have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
New York
flag msg tools

I'll draw GGP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
msg tools
Mobile Baltar

So for my first turn, I can XO someone (Roslin for quorum? Got any cards to get rid of? Or Boomer to get in the air?). As for movement, WC for XO to shoot on basestar perhaps. Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
New York
flag msg tools

cedesit wrote:
Mobile Baltar

So for my first turn, I can XO someone (Roslin for quorum? Got any cards to get rid of? Or Boomer to get in the air?). As for movement, WC for XO to shoot on basestar perhaps. Ideas?
XO Roslin sounds good.

NO reason for Boomer to go into space yet. Might as well keep her onboard just in case something needs repeairing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Hall
msg tools
mbmb
Mobile Roslin

Ill take 2 politics and a leadership.

I wouldn't mind building the quorum deck but I'm not sure what cards I have yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
New York
flag msg tools

wtfpwndd2 wrote:
Mobile Roslin

Ill take 2 politics and a leadership.

I wouldn't mind building the quorum deck but I'm not sure what cards I have yet.
Well you can always use the title card to draw if you don't want to discard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.