Subject: HQs assaulting cities with 2D10 chart. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
As you see, our game is on fire lately! We'll post some resume soon

Currently, Paris is at hand at the brink of a late winter (God bless our generous dices!). Three German HQs can contribute to the assault at a time. However, I have some questions:
- Can I use them all to get +1 / each, for a grand total of +3? My guess is "no, you only get the +1 per HQ assaulting a city once per assault, no matter how many HQs group on it", but I cannot find this restriction.
- They don't have to be the first loss as ENG would, do they? I cannot find this either. We are playing by Vassal, using the in-built chart, and these restrictions are not clearified. Any help, please?

Thanks!
Roberkhan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Noget
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City modifiers can never exceed 0!
So a HQ and an engineer would negate the city (HQ) and possible factories (ENG), but they can never give plus on the dice roll, therefore is 3 HQs not giving you a +2 on the dice roll. HQ attacking a city dont need to satisfy first loss as e.g. engineers do when attacking a city and using the bonus.

GL with Paris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sensible Simon
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
No, he means 3 HQ vs. Paris (city with 3 factory stacks) for a grand total of -1 (we count all 3 HQ) or -3 (we only count the first HQ)?

The engineers died in Belgium. Their sacrifice is not forgotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberkhan wrote:
As you see, our game is on fire lately! We'll post some resume soon

Currently, Paris is at hand at the brink of a late winter (God bless our generous dices!). Three German HQs can contribute to the assault at a time. However, I have some questions:
- Can I use them all to get +1 / each, for a grand total of +3? My guess is "no, you only get the +1 per HQ assaulting a city once per assault, no matter how many HQs group on it", but I cannot find this restriction.
- They don't have to be the first loss as ENG would, do they? I cannot find this either. We are playing by Vassal, using the in-built chart, and these restrictions are not clearified. Any help, please?

Thanks!
Roberkhan

You are correct - only one +1 for HQ, which nullifies the -1 for the city. (The -3 for Paris' factories remains.)

And no, HQs are not required to be the first loss for using this bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Grumble, grumble, Paris remains a hard nut to crack. I'll have to be lucky, then. Thanks for the clarification and the good wishes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberkhan wrote:
Grumble, grumble, Paris remains a hard nut to crack. I'll have to be lucky, then. Thanks for the clarification and the good wishes!

I find that if the Allies get four hexes on it, the Germans begin to consider bugging out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Grrrrr! First assault from exactly four hexes failed! Will have to try again on January!
By the way, it's the evil guys (me) who have those four hexes on Paris! Allies should bug out if they knew better! But Gort is still playing heroes. Damn him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.