Subject: Stored Building Penalty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Ence

Gainesville
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just got my copy of City of Iron yesterday and love the component quality and artwork!

Quick rule questions though:

1) is the penalty for unbuilt stored building -1 point for each building or every two buildings? In the rulebook, I think there is a type because both -1/1 building and -1/2 buildings are stated.

2) if it is -1 point for every two buildings, does this mean there is no penalty of having only 1 unbuilt stored building?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only seeing the -1 for 2 reference in the End Game scoring section. Can you clarify where you are seeing the -1 for 1?

To answer your secondary question - I've been taking the Tzolkin approach. Each building is essentially minus 1/2 of a point (for tie-breaking purposes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The penalty for stored buildings is -1 vp per 2. If you just have 1, there is no penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
g00sep00p wrote:
I'm only seeing the -1 for 2 reference in the End Game scoring section. Can you clarify where you are seeing the -1 for 1?

To answer your secondary question - I've been taking the Tzolkin approach. Each building is essentially minus 1/2 of a point (for tie-breaking purposes).

I saw this too. It's in the rule book, and it looks like a typo. One line looks like it says -1/1, but the longer explanation seems to make it clear that it's -1/2. (I don't have it in front of me, I can look it up when I get home from work.) The cheater cards are clear that it's -1/2, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.