Popular Tags: [View All]
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, while playing the game, I realised how useful additional "strike icon tokens" would be.

Many a time, attachments or special abilities give a unit additional icons (black and white) and if the board gets crowded it's not easy to keep track exactly of who has what (the first hot expansion has a bunch of these effects).

I figured that if we had cardboard tokens with the three icons on the two backs this could help the game a lot, especially when introducing new players to the game.
THey could be glued on top of any cardboard, or even on the additional 1-damage tokens (for anyone owning 2 core-set).

Unfortunately, my graphic skills are below zero, thus I was wondering if any good willed geek would be so kind as to prepare a file with the 6 icons scaled to the size of that token.

I realize it's asking for unpaid labor
But to be fair, I shared my idea for free whistle

Best
Geki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't something I'd use personally, but I can see why some people would like these and can see their usefulness.

I am also really bad at photoshop type stuff so sadly I cannot help, but if I can add a suggestion for anyone doing this I would also add to the list:

-'force bubble' icon ones. I *always* forget about stuff like Mon Mothma and that first Rebel Hoth speeder objective that have or give out 'Edge 1' to stuff. If there was a little pool of force bubble tokens sitting by the Edge stack that could be very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, its something I commonly hear. Would have been nice for enhancement cards to have been designed to show what they do for the card they are attached to. But, it's just another reason to really pay attention to your cards and what they do, because ultimately, it's up to the card owner to enforce their ability. But I do feel your pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
Yeah, its something I commonly hear. Would have been nice for enhancement cards to have been designed to show what they do for the card they are attached to. But, it's just another reason to really pay attention to your cards and what they do, because ultimately, it's up to the card owner to enforce their ability. But I do feel your pain.

You mean like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last thing this game needs is more tokens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
Longbombed wrote:

You mean like this?

Sure that's obvious, and what everyone does, thanks Tips. Perhaps a a +HP number bottom left of the card, or use ACTUAL icons in the type rather than using brackets or not. Sure it works as is, but it could have been done to make it clearer, I would think.

And of course, no more tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
The last thing this game needs is more tokens

Agreed. I'd only like that the words "Unit" and "Enhance" weren't tiny. Better yet I wish the graphic design made those two cards types more distinct.

Oh, and focus tokens that aren't the same color as damage tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.