Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

City of Iron» Forums » Rules

Subject: turn order track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Belmer
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does the turn order track have so many spaces? Iguess i just dont understand why there would be any cost to bid to the left of the zeros.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
Why does the turn order track have so many spaces? Iguess i just dont understand why there would be any cost to bid to the left of the zeros.

There are times when going LAST in a round is good, and when going FIRST in a round is good. Having the numbers on both sides means that the "0" spaces doesn't automatically guarantee anything, if you really want to go first or last, you have to be willing to pay for that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Belmer
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
zenmazster wrote:
Why does the turn order track have so many spaces? Iguess i just dont understand why there would be any cost to bid to the left of the zeros.

There are times when going LAST in a round is good, and when going FIRST in a round is good. Having the numbers on both sides means that the "0" spaces doesn't automatically guarantee anything, if you really want to go first or last, you have to be willing to pay for that.


Ahhhhhh thx!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why you would want to go last, though. How does this help a plyer's position? Especially PAYING to go last.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires wrote:
I don't understand why you would want to go last, though. How does this help a plyer's position? Especially PAYING to go last.

It mostly helps if it's a scoring round, as it can give you the final action in order to conquer a city without retribution or to take a building to give you the edge on a particular resource without someone else trumping you. Usually first is better, but going last is often situationally useful.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Kuyvenhoven
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a game where it was imperative that i go first, but my opponent had first bid, and he bid 9 coins!!
Can I pay MORE coins to out match him, or is 9 max and once someone selects it, I'm out of luck?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.