Axis & Allies» Forums » Sessions

Subject: It was interesting. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Robertson
Andorra
Delaware
flag msg tools
First, you must understand that my friends and I play to the death, none of this victory cities crap. I've only played this game a couple times, but I've never played one like that before. I was playing as Japan. First off Russia made an offensive, taking west Russia, and I believe the Ukraine with minimal casualties. Somehow as the game went on, Russias economy eventually outweighed that of Germany, though that had to do with help from the UK. Just when I thought that my ally was a goner, some how he attacked with everything he had, got rid of all allied prescence in Europe and was nearly on the Russian Capitol. He got all the way to Caucaus before he decided to stop. While all this was happening, the US was making minimal effort to help the others with Germany, and was focusing their armies at Japan. I(Japan)played differently than last time. I gathered all my navy in the Phillipine islands, and used my air force and available ground units to break into China the first turn.The UK for some reason pulled their Navy away. I built a factory on French IndoChina. I pumped out 3 tanks a turn from there, which eventually won me the war against Russians weak front. I was also able to capture Africa. The US had landed planes on Buritya so I had to attack Russia from the bottom and the side. After Germany had taken Caucaus, I flew some planes in and blitzed a tank over to hold it. Next turn i attacked and took the Russian Capitol with 9 tanks and a fighter. I know had a booming super economy of around 60 IPC's a turn, and Germany had removed all threats from Europe, and had 15 tanks on every possible landing point. No kidding. While I was doing all that, America was building a massive Air Force, which was positioned on Midway Island, preparing to attack Japan. Their fleet outnumbered mine, and might have been able to destroy every unit on Japan, but he had no transports to take my capital! So when I saw the threat I started to build fighters as a defense, and I could now build more than him per turn due to my great economy. So we had around the same forces now, but I had researched the upgrade that gives fighters 5 defense. For some reason the US moved half their fighters to the soviet far east, the one territory on Asia that I had not yet claimed. I saw my chance now that he seperated his air force, I attacked and suffered casulties of 5 fighters, while he suffered around 8-14 losses. All my planes moved back to Japan. Scince we had been playing for 8 hours straight, I think America was starting to not care, because he launched an aerial attack on Japan with his inferior Air Force and no transports(still!). He suffered around 4 casulties of Anti-Aircraft Fire, than he did 8 damage to me, which some of my infantry absorbed. Than my fleet of 20+ fighters with 5 defense shot back, instantly killing his force. Had we all had the patience to go on, Axis victory would have been imminent. With Russia out of the picture, Germany would have soon taken the U.K., and scince I now ruled the Pacific with an economy of 60, I would start preparing a massive invasion force against America. So what looked like an allied victory with Russia actually becoming a force to reckon with, and a huge American Air force withing striking distance of Japan, became an Axis victory when Germany ruled Europe to Moscow, and Japan delivering a huge blow to the American forces. WOOT WOOT AXIS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

I have played this game about 30-40 times in my life and I still believe that Japan is the main factor in the war.

Sure if germany takes russia or russia takes germany it can be tough.

But if you play right, japan can build up quite an army and airfoce and take russia from behind giving her the abilty (and money) to take the Americans head on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, although historically the houserule "Japan won't attack Russia" was in force, hence the loss of the war. Well there were other factors no doubt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.