Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a conversation going on in a geeklist that I made that is not relevant to the list. How do I lock the replies to a certain item?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't. Only admins can lock threads and comments.

What you can do is post a polite request that folks continue their discussion in another thread, as it is currently taking your geeklist in a tangent that is undesirable to your geek lists intended aim. 98% of the time other users are just not aware that they are mucking up your list and will apologise and move on.

You may also use the red X to flag the thread/comment and an admin will review it. While derailing discussion is common even natural, it's not fair on other users or the creator of a geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you or another admin lock the comments on item number 7 of the following geeklist?

Your Thrift Store/Bargain Finds: 22 - 28 April 2013

A few users are fighting over something that happened on the Penny Game Auctions website.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Alternatively and more drastically, you could delete the GeekList item, then add it to the GeekList once again. This would delete all of the comments on that item. When you add the item once again, include a note afterward asking people not to post off-topic comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted a comment at the end of the replies asking the discussion to be taken elsewhere. If my comment is ignored, I will pursue that option.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.